Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

Remote Desktop Manager 7.0 Beta

Hi,
A new beta version of Remote Desktop Manager is now available:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.9.2.0.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.9.2.0.zip

Changes
- Added a customer number field in the information tab page
- Small beta bug fixes

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

I've tested the newest beta for the most interesting feature for me "embedded UltraVNC (no more add-on installation required)". But i have the same problems with the addon with refuse connection.
sometimes i get an error (that's ok, because the program don't crash)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unexpected error, contact us at remotedesktopmanager.com

AccessViolationException - Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben. Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
bei System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.SendMessage(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 msg, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.SendMessage(Int32 msg, Int32 wparam, Int32 lparam)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.Close()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmEmbeddedContainer.Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.IForm.Close()
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.EmbeddedViewManager.Close(IFormConnectionContainer childForm)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.EmbeddedViewManager.OpenEmbedded(FreEmbeddedView frame, Connection connection, Boolean isConnected, Boolean showFooter, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, Image image)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.EmbeddedViewManager.Open(Connection connection, FreEmbeddedView frame, Boolean isConnected, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, Boolean undocked, Image image)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeView.tvList_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.TreeViewXP.WndProc(Message& message)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But sometime I get a information "Connection refused" and than crash the program!
(The error message is prefer to me wink)
Error[1]

Another thing I would like the option back:
Connection -> More -> Tab page category
tab

Thanks
<em>edited by carrier on 1/3/2012</em>

tab.png
Error[1].png
Clock7 yrs

Several of the Add-ons don't show properly, Visio, Office, PDF. Even though I download/install, they never show as installed in the Download Manager.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Those add-on are still listed in the add-on manager but they are now built-in in the document section when you create a New Blank session. They will be removed from the list as soon as the beta is closed.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thanks Dave!

Also,
I'm having the same issue with the TAB naming as the post above mine. I need this back desperately, or if it's been moved, to know where it's at. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
The tab was not removed on purpose. I can't explain why but the control group was made invisible by mistake. I will try to push another update today. I just need to finalize some stuff before.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Dave, you...are...the...MAN! Thanks!

Clock7 yrs

Question,

Why do some plugins install in the Program Files directory while others install in the AppData directory?

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Those who need an activeX or an external dll has to be installed in the application folder.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Why does anything go in AppData then, as far as plugins go? Can't they all just go in Application folder as well?
<em>edited by zim2323 on 1/4/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

First looks on internal SSH..... running Windows 7 64 Bit

Using SSH Shell, there is no setting to interpret ANSI colors. Almost all Linux terminals send color information.
As soon as I click on Colors, background, I get:

rgumentException - Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular'.

at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionSettings.FreSshShellConnectionSettings.cbColorBackground_DrawItem(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnDrawItem(DrawItemEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectDrawItem(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wpara

UTF-8 encoding works sort of, not all line characters are being interpreted correctly (corners). Tested with connecting to Linux 6.1 console and running MC (Midnight Commander)

Closing the session, does not close the window. Functions keys are not going acting in both places. For example to exit MC, you press F10. I press F10, MC closes, but also RDP captures the F10 and goes to favorite sessions.

Clock7 yrs

@zim2323

We prefer to install them in AppData because you don't need the Administrator writes to copy the file. The program files folder is protected

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

@David

Soooooo...then how do the plugins get installed in there in the first place? Just seems awfully convoluted to have plugins installed all over the place. Can we get them all installed in one place? Obviously if those that require installation into the Program Files folder can, then everything can...right?

And then when you upgrade or a plugin gets integrated, it's a pain figuring out what's where, how, and why. I've even had some plugins that I've found multiple versions of after the fact because originally was installed in one place, and then it got moved to another. Just a mess, unorganized, and frankly, unprofessional from an application perspective.
Does it work? Yes, but it's a mess. If anything at all, we need a utility to validate and cleanup expired or unneeded plugins. In that, if the plugin is integrated or has been retired, then give the ability to sort them so stale plugins are cleaned up.

I would think that would make it easier for you too.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Why not use the Add-on Manager? It take care of everything. Also, we try to integrate those (PDF, UltraVNC, Visio, Office...) who we need to be installed in the application folder.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/4/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Add-on manager will install/uninstall what it knows, but after integration/upgrade or the plugin changes, it leaves all the crap from the original plugin in the folder. There's no way to clean it up unless you uninstall RDM, delete everything but the DB and CFG file and then reinstall RDM and the plugins.

From a use perspective, yes, the Download Manager "works", but from a file level/cleanliness perspective, it's extremely annoying to have plugins installed in two different places. Again, why not have them all install in 1 location? Furthermore, create a way to cleanup any files that are not "active", so that left over files from older plugins that are not used anymore can be cleaned up easily.

To clariy, there are two issues:
1) Plugins in two different folders instead of 1. Everything should be installed in the Program Files folder, since some plugins require Program Files to work properly, and to my knowledge there are no requirements that say anything has to be in AppData.
2) No way to properly remove old orphaned plugins. Once you upgrade to a version that no longer uses/integrates that plugin, OR the plugin creator changes where it's installed to, all the old files are left as is. That makes the update feature "useless" because to properly manage plugins, I now need to uninstall a plugin before I install it. I'll also have to uninstall all plugins before I upgrade to a new version with new integration so I don't have orphaned plugin files.

Clock7 yrs

Would like to request a couple options:
1) Ability to change where the DB and CFG file are saved. Essentially change the AppData location to someplace else, like Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\... folder.
2) Ability to force where plugins are installed. So that I can effectively force ALL plugins to be installed to Program files (x86)\Devolutions\...
3) If anything, create a Plugins folder under the Program Files installation folder and install plugins there, instead of installing everything into the root where it becomes confusing as to what is part of the original install and what is an actual plugin, specifically as plugins change, integrate, or are orphaned.

Thanks!

Clock7 yrs

I will see what I can do after the version 7.0. Thank you for the suggestions. For the cfg, it's already possible to change it with a reg key:

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thanks David!!!

Clock7 yrs

Hello,
first of all Happy New Year. Now I've installed latest beta 6.9.2.0 (overwriting bin files in my install dir). I have problems with Add-On Manager and plug-ins. Every time RDM starts, a pop-up ask me to install OpenVPN plug-in, but even if I select to install, it is never installed. The same, except for the startup pop-up, occurs with other plug-ins (Office, pdf, Visio).

Thanks in advance
regards,
Davide

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Could you verify the status in Add-on Manager? Maybe try to uninstall one and restart the application

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We are happy to announce a new beta for Remote Desktop Manager.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.9.3.0.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.9.3.0.zip

- Added the option to hide the credit card information in data entry
- Added data entry export to Xml
- Added data entry export to Csv
- Small data entry view bug fixes
- SSH embedded fixes
- Missing tab group fixes

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Feature Request,

Create an option in Add-On Manager to Select All for uninstall and install.

Clock7 yrs

SSH does not seems to be working.
When I choose "Putty" and connect using SSH the connection works fine, when I choose SSH it says unable to connect...

Any ideas ?

Clock7 yrs

snirh wrote:

SSH does not seems to be working.
When I choose "Putty" and connect using SSH the connection works fine, when I choose SSH it says unable to connect...

Any ideas ?

Hi,
After reviewing my code it looks like the server port is never set, always defaulted to 22.
It has been fixed and will be available in the next release.
I hope that will resolve the issue.
Regards

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

@zim2323

Do you mean a re-install with a clean up?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

@David

I mean an option that allows you to tell it to install or uninstall all plugins at once, rather then click on each one individually. Would be nice also to include checkboxes for each plugins so you could select all and then unselect a few if you decide you don't want them. Currently Download Manager is great if your the typical person who only installs/uninstalls a few plugins total. If you're like me and you install them all, it's a real time killer.
A cleanup option would be nice too. If Download Manager knew what each plugin required and where, then anything not apart of that global file list would get removed.
Those are referencing a couple different requests.
<em>edited by zim2323 on 1/5/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

I have 2 minor issues regarding VPN with SonicWALL Global VPN:

1. Open session vpn only, does not send username and password for the vpn, they have to be entered manually (the credentials are stored), it works fine when opening the session normally.
2. With SonicWALL Global VPN it is possible to save the passwords. If you have stored a password within the Global VPN, and you open a session with rdm, the stored password in the Global VPN application is deleted.

I'm using 6.9.2.0 atm.

Thank you and kind regards,
Ray
<em>edited by Rayman on 1/6/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

dont know in which beta it heppened, but all of our connection logs are gone in the beta...
forget what i wrote, was in the "test" datasource not in the live version....
all connectionlogs are where they have to be....
<em>edited by Xanacas on 1/6/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

@Rayman

Could you send me by email some screenshot because I'm unable to reproduce the problem. Do you use some variable or the credential manager?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We are happy to announce a new beta for Remote Desktop Manager.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.9.4.0.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.9.4.0.zip

- Added PIN field for credit card
- Added Yubico support
- Added a shortcut key for Collapse All and Expand All
- Added batch edit support for credentials of a Web or LogMeIn session
- Added an option to expand the tree view when prompting for a credential entry
- Added a new group type named site
- Fixed a bug with the Collapse / Expand menu
- Fixed a credential bug with the Open VPN Only
- Sorted the machine name, groups and user name combo in the shared connection view
- SSH port fixes
- Implemented the role (active directory) support for RDMS

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs