Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

Remote Desktop Manager 7.0 Beta

Hi,
We are happy to announce a new beta for Remote Desktop Manager. This version contains many enhancements and bug fixes.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.9.0.0.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.9.0.0.zip

Major features:

- New importer:
---> LogMeIn rss
---> Password Agent
- Hyper-V console
- French localization (german coming soon)
- New built-in session
---> embedded SSH
---> embedded SSH Shell
---> embedded Ftp / ftps
---> embedded Telnet
---> embedded UltraVNC (no more add-on installation required)
- Data entry html export
- Remote Desktop Manager Server installation wizard (more details coming soon)

Full change history:

- Added the offline mode support for Dropbox
- Added the reveal password setting for the non-administrator
- Added LogMeIn rss import
- Added more filter options
- Added the manual backup
- Added the French translation
- Added a duplicate menu entry for embedded opened session
- Added the data entry for to keep an email account information
- Added the terminal server details in the dashboard (Is Terminal Server must be checked in the session)
- Added built-in embedded SSH
- Added built-in embedded SSH Shell
- Added built-in embedded Ftp
- Added built-in embedded Telnet
- Added a Csv import wizard
- Added an Hyper-V dashboard
- Added Password Agent import
- Added data entry html export with password
- Added an SSH key generator
- Added a browse button for the data entry url
- Added a small diagnosis menu in Support
- Added an option to for a case sensitive filter
- Added a confirmation to duplicate or not the sub connections
- Added log end time for VNC (external mode)
- Embedded UltraVNC is now integrated (no add-on installation required)
- Optimized the SQL Server connection
- Fixed a bug with an RDP session opened with the fullscreen menu
- The group / folder are now shown first
- RDMO auto login is executed in background
- Fixed a tricky bug with the Putty focus
- Fixed a focus issue in the tree view after a session close
- Fixed a possible bug with Auto Typing Macro and $USERNAME$
- Fixed a possible problem with the vre file import
- Fixed some possible memory leaks
- Fixed a possible issue with the No Master Password
- Major internal refactoring to support multiple localizations
- Minor fixes
- UI fixes
<em>edited by dhervieux on 12/21/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi David,

I seem to be having a problem using the embedded SSH or SSH Shell. We currently use Putty to connect to all of our network equipment through SSH. If I try to use the embedded SSH the connection opens flash's on the screen and then closes. This happens to fast to even read any message on the screen. If I try this with SSH Shell then I get a pop up message "Unable to connect. Verify your settings." Putty is working but I was just trying to eliminate an external app and see if your embedded options would work.

Feature requests:

Is it possible to add options to the password generator? We have a default password policy and use another password generator and have a criteria of 3 upper case, 2 lower case, and 2 number. We use Remote Desktop Manager for 95% of all our management tools and this would avoid have an external password generator if we could specify the criteria.

Would it be possible to edit some of the session details while in the dashboard instead of opening the connection?

You have the best management tool out there. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Larry

Clock7 yrs

Hi Larry,
We will look at your problem with SSH. This is the first beta and it's possible that we have some adjustment to do. We have tested it with an OpenSSH on a Windows Server machine. Could you verify the application log: Help->View Application Log

I have added your two other request on our todo list. I don't have any timeframe but as usual we continue to improve the application.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

Here is the output from the application log.

[11/8/2011 12:08 PM]ERROR SILENT System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.BusinessHelper.GetFavicon(String website, Image defaultImage)
[11/8/2011 12:08 PM]ERROR SILENT System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.BusinessHelper.GetFavicon(String website, Image defaultImage)
[11/10/2011 2:17 PM]ERROR SILENT System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
[11/10/2011 2:17 PM]ERROR SILENT System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
[11/10/2011 3:13 PM]ERROR SILENT System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
[11/10/2011 3:13 PM]ERROR SILENT System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
[11/14/2011 10:24 PM]ERROR SILENT System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.ExecuteNonQuery(String sql, IDbDataParameter[] parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SqlServerLogSubDataSource.LogConnectionClosed(LogConnectionClosedInfo logConnectionClosedInfo)
[11/15/2011 2:22 PM]ERROR SILENT System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
[12/22/2011 10:02 AM]INFO Upgrading database for data source 'RDM' with version 24
[12/22/2011 10:02 AM]INFO Upgrading database for data source 'RDM' with version 25
[12/22/2011 10:02 AM]INFO Upgrading database for data source 'RDM' with version 26
[12/22/2011 10:04 AM]ERROR SILENT Rebex.Net.SshException: A supplied password or user name is incorrect.
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.cCIjvV(String , String , SshPrivateKey , SshGssApiCredentials )
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.Authenticate(String userName, String password, SshPrivateKey privateKey)
at Rebex.Net.Ssh.Login(String userName, String password, SshPrivateKey privateKey)
at Rebex.Net.Ssh.kRCyw(String , Int32 , SshParameters , String , String , SshPrivateKey )
at Rebex.TerminalEmulation.SshTerminalControl.Connect()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedSshSchell.Connect()
[12/22/2011 10:15 AM]ERROR SILENT Rebex.Net.SshException: A supplied password or user name is incorrect.
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.cCIjvV(String , String , SshPrivateKey , SshGssApiCredentials )
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.Authenticate(String userName, String password, SshPrivateKey privateKey)
at Rebex.Net.Ssh.Login(String userName, String password, SshPrivateKey privateKey)
at Rebex.Net.Ssh.kRCyw(String , Int32 , SshParameters , String , String , SshPrivateKey )
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedSshSchell.Connect()
[12/22/2011 10:22 AM]ERROR SILENT Rebex.Net.SshException: Unsupported protocol version.
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.bOtYJuZ()
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.Negotiate()
at Rebex.Net.Ssh.Connect(String serverName, Int32 serverPort, SshParameters parameters)
[12/22/2011 10:37 AM]ERROR SILENT Rebex.Net.SshException: A supplied password or user name is incorrect.
[12/22/2011 10:39 AM]ERROR SILENT Rebex.Net.SshException: The operation was not completed within the specified time limit.
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.BXQTfX(Int32 )
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.AePCoRZ(Byte[]& )
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.cDtmAOZ(cMbfbTZ , Object[] )
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.CFLiXJ(ANiLIV )
at Rebex.Net.SshSession.CdWqMB()

Thanks for your assistance.

Larry

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
The next version will show you more details but I see from the log:

- A supplied password or user name is incorrect.
- Unsupported protocol version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

i've got this problem with new RDM 6.9.0.0: if i use filter/search for sessions then current beta expand all and then filter only those sessions that match ... but all empty groups remain displayed. previous behaviour was that only groups with displayed sessions was displayed

Petr Valouch

Help wanted: Telepath.
You know where to apply.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I know why and I will fix it. Sorry about that

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
It's now fixed and this will be in the next beta release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi
Tnx for your application
could you add winbox for mikrotik?

Clock7 yrs

Hi
Since you have added the embedded telnet in the new 6.9.0.0 version I noticed that you no longer have the option to have a time stamped log file. Not sure if this is in your plan for the new version but having this feature can be helpful where you might need to maintain a session log

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We have done it on purpose. Does the log is missing only with the embedded Telnet? I will fix this for sure.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Just a small statement after one week of use:
until now it works great! smile

Clock7 yrs

Thank you very much for this input. It's very for us. We have more features coming soon for this release and also for 2012.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

give it to me wink

Clock7 yrs

I can't give you all the details but we want to expand our computer management and add more centralized information. We also want to explore the Mobile solution and maybe MACOS X. This is not official yet.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

It seems that if a folder does not have an entry under it you cannot delete it or do anything to it..., bug? / feature?

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Sorry about the delete bug. The workaround is to add a blank session and delete the group. It's now fixed internally and this will be in the next beta release. I hope to release it tomorrow.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

Another thing I noticed, when I search for a keyword the list used to filtered all the folders and show me only the folders with data related to my search.
Now, all the folders are showing and only the entries are filtered...

Clock7 yrs

This is also fixed already

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
A new beta version of Remote Desktop Manager is now available:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.9.1.0.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.9.1.0.zip

Changes
- Added the show console error option for the Microsoft VPN
- Added Rename and Duplicate support for the sub-connections
- Added the custom image feature for a group/folder
- Added the Active Time log for a embedded connection
- Export to html for the data entries contains now the password encrypted
- Fixed a bug with the filter and empty folders
- Fixed a click through bug when clicking the menu from an external app or embedded putty
- Fixed a possible problem when the application try to auto login multi time (web)
- Improved the session type filter for a new entry
- Integrated the PDF, Visio and Office document support
- The password generator settings are now saved
- Improved the password generator with pattern (compatible with the KeePass generator)
- Minor translation fixes

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi David,

happy new year. I have two questions about the latest RDM 6.9.1.0 build.

1) there is under c:\Remote Desktop Manager\de\ the new RemoteDesktopManager.resources.dll. Although i set in the RDM File -> Option -> German, restart RDM , but RDM still appears in english.
(It's an english WIN XP SP3). What should this RemoteDesktopManager.resources.dll in german display? where can i see that it works?

2) In the RDM File -> Option -> Advanced tab there is a path link [C:\Dev\devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\Program\bin\Release Source:InstallDir]
this path doesn't exists on my system, and i can't change it as well.
So when i click this link, i get always an Unexpected error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unexpected error, contact us at remotedesktopmanager.com

Win32Exception - The system cannot find the file specified

bei System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
bei Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmOptions.lblOptionPath_LinkClicked(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When i create the directory structure, and click the link a new Windows folder window opens and shows the content of the C:\Dev\devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\Program\bin\Release
directory.

What's the function behind this link?
Why is this link not changeable?

many thanks and rgs
Bob

Clock7 yrs

Hi Bob,
The German translation is not integrated yet. The dll contains the English translation but it's coming soon. I have a meeting today with native German translator. I hope to add it soon. The hardest part is already done. We have extracted all the resources from the application and it can now be translated.

I verified for the option and it's a bug. Because of the translation, it's hard coded to MY path. I'm fixing it right now.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Thanks!

I'm testing it out!

Clock7 yrs

Thanks! David.

that's sounds good.
Bob

Clock7 yrs

Hi David
Just installed the new beta 6.9.1.0. Since this installation I'm unable to start FileZilla connections. It simply happens nothing. The path for the filezilla exe is set correctly and the connections worked before the update.
Btw: Happy new year smile
René

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
It does not start even in external mode?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
It does not start even in external mode?

Yes, correct. But strangewise, meanwhile it's working. I had to change application type of one connection to "Window Explorer" and then back to "FileZilla". Now they are all working again.
Sorry for the wrong info...

Clock7 yrs

I will keep an eye on it to see if it could be related to something else. Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

When editing a user and clicking OK the following:

Clock7 yrs

Sorry about this crash. I have found the problem and it's now fixed. I will release a new build tonight. Those field are only used by Remote Desktop Manager Server but the database is compatible with the SQL Server data source.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 1/2/2012</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs