Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

VMWare VI client

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi!

Is it possible to add support for VMWare Virtual Infrastructure Clients? I have to manage a lot of ESX hosts/vCenter servers and this really would help a lot.

EDIT: Also, is there any chance to support Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client?

Thanks.
<em>edited by mcdouglas on 7/24/2009</em>

Clock10 yrs

I would also like to see this feature, my job too entails working with a lot of ESX hosts and the ability of being able to set up sessions in RDM would help

Thanks

Clock10 yrs

Hi guys,
I just got my test server for WMWare esxi yesterday, so you can expect more support very soon smile For Cisco, I can verify, I will a this to my list

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Greetings,
I too would love the ability for Cisco AnyConnect.
Loving the application.
Thanks

Clock10 yrs

Add my vote for vSphere Client support! Would love to be able to either open a tab with the full Client embedded and/or be able to connect to the console of a virtual machine directly (especially if RDP was down or not configured). Found this Remote Desktop Manager tonight and I've already switched to it and set it up for all my servers from mRemote, which I've used for a year or two but isn't actively developed any longer (open source that was bought out). There are a couple of things I miss but overall the interface is better and more powerful in RDM! Most of my wishlist is already requested here on the forums, too :-)
<em>edited by DavidSzp on 10/7/2009</em>

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
Have you tried the 5.6 BETA, there is an mRemote import included. Also VMware Infrastructure is already supported but not embedded.

Thank you for your comments,

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
Cisco AnyConnect is already on my list and I did some tests, but it's not in the version 5.6, maybe the next after.

Thank you

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
Have you tried the 5.6 BETA, there is an mRemote import included. Also VMware Infrastructure is already supported but not embedded.

Thank you for your comments

Thanks, I actually did try the beta after my post last night and stayed up another couple of hours playing :-) Lots of good stuff! mRemote import crashed with a fatal exception when I tried it but most other stuff worked great...seemed a little more unstable but no major issues. I'd say about 80% of what I wished was there earlier was in the beta, which was great to find! I'll be using it full time for now.

I would like to see Firefox (and Chrome actually) embedded into tabs and not just IE. mRemote did that by requiring Gecko to be downloaded, and it worked well (for Firefox). I'll post any other feature requests in their own thread. Thanks again for a great tool, I'll be grabbing at least one Ent license when the trial is up!

Clock10 yrs

Can you post the crash log for mRemote ? You can find it in the menu Application Log. For Firefox embedded, it's on my list.

Thank you

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Here's the relevant log section:

ERROR[10/8/2009 3:20 AM] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Importer.MRemoteImporter.Import(String aFileName)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMain.mnuImportFromMRemote_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The error pops up the moment I click on mRemote on the Import menu option, nothing actually comes up besides the error. I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise RTM 64-bit. My connections are in an .mdb file that's stored on a mapped network drive in a folder that's synced as an offline file, if that makes a difference. I don't really need the import, I set everything up manually and I needed to cleanup my mRemote stuff anyway so I'm happier that way. Would be great to have the option though!

I noticed that the Connections.mdb default file ended up in the Program Files folder when I first installed RDM (not the beta). To move it I had to copy and paste it from within the Data Source Selection dialog since that location is unwritable on Windows 7 when running as a non-admin, so the write was virtualized and the file didn't actually exist in that location outside of RDM and I wanted to move it to a shared drive. I suggest using the local AppData folder or even the user's Documents folder for the default MDB to make it easier to find/relocate, but do whatever you want, I'm just reporting it :-)

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
Thank you for the log. For the default mdb, the version 5.6 does that by default if the application is installed in program files, but the version 5.5 does not. Since you upgraded, the 5.6 does not try to recreate the mdb.

Thank you again.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Sure thing. I had relocated the mdb by the time I installed the beta, so I didn't test its default behavior. Thanks for confirming it's been changed!

Clock10 yrs