Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Credential List empty in RDM 6.6.0.0

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
we have rolled out RDM 6.6.0.0.
Now our management ask for a best practice to store credentials in RDM (or PasswordVaultManager?) in a secure manner.
When i try to test it, i store a credential in "user specific settings" or "machine specific setting" but the Credentials list is still empty.
Is this the wrong way to work with or is it a bug.
Generally we are searching for a way to store both universal and user-specific credentials withing RDM or PVM. Is there a tutorial how to do this?

Kind regars
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

Clock9 yrs

..just discovered the "Add credential entry"... sorry...
But can you tell us a little bit mor about "All passwords stored in the application database are encrypted using a strong encryption algorithm."
Which encryption do you use here?
kind regards
sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I'm glad you have found it.

Our application integrates an Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm to protect your local files and your sensitive data in the database. A mix of our own private key and a master password (passphrase) is used to create a strong encryption key (256-bit key).

This cipher is regarded as being very secure. AES/Rijndael became effective as a U.S. Federal government standard and is approved by the National Security Agency (NSA) for top secret information.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs