Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Global password option for opening/editing

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible to set a Global password for opening/editing any session that must be repeated every time you open/edit something?

This is for PCI compliance.

Currently if we are to leave our computers and we forget to lock our screens, then anyone can access all our connections.

I have tried the 'Required application master password' and this works on startup (minimise and idle seems to be broken in latest version), but once you are in to the program you can access everything without repeating the password.

It would be great if this was a global setting stored in the database and enforced all users of RDM to create their own unique password, that they must use everytime they open/edit a session.
<em>edited by vista on 10/13/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Thank you for you request. I will verify for the broken feature and see if I can add a global password.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Could you try our latest beta?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Very prompt, thankyou.

We will test it and let you know.

Clock8 yrs

Hi David,

We are currently trialing v6.5.0.0. How can I get a hold of the beta version?

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
It's available here: http://forum.devolutions.net/topic1423-new-remote-desktop-manager-66-beta.aspx

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi David,

I cannot find the option to set a global password for whenever I open/edit a session. Where do I set this?

The only option I can find is for when we first log in to the program, or minimise, or lock it.

Thanks

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
The global password is not yet implemented but I have fixed the problem with the Idle broken

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Thanks! Let me know when the global password is available smile great job!

Clock8 yrs