Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

User fonction on AD.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I dond't know if it is a new feature request of a macro request.
I have erveryday the same question from user, like :
- My account is locked could you unlocked it ?
- I forgot my password, could you reset it ?
- Could you kill my session on the terminal server 1 or 2

I think I am not the only one who's get those question. Is there a special Tool who can help us for fast and easily answer to those questions. Is it possible to add some fucntion or does it have to be made with macro ?

Another question, where did I have to store the username of the user of the computer ?

X. Thomas.

Clock5 yrs

What do you mean exactly? Do you need us to add a tool to unlock an account from the AD directory?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I want to know if it possible to add some basic Active Directory function to RDM, or did those function have to be execute with the help of macro.

X. Thomas.

Clock5 yrs

Yes it could be possible smile I have entered a feature request for a Basic AD console

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Yes it could be possible smile I have entered a feature request for a Basic AD console

Any Nieuws ?
I have an idea : The use Of traffic light :
For password Liftime
  • When it is green, erverything is OK
  • When Orange : It's the latest day for changing the password.
  • When It's Red : Password is too old. AND when you click on the red buttons it give the lifetime 'X' more days.
Account locked out :
  • When it is green, erverything is OK
  • When it is Orange, I dond't know ...
  • When it's Red : User is locked out AND when you press on the red buttons it unlock the user.
It will not take a lot of space on the screen but it will give easily and fastly some every day used features.

X. Thomas.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Xavier,

The AD Console is implemented since RDM 10 and it's possible to see if an user needs to change the password in the next login and if the account is locked out in it.

When you create an AD Console, in the User tab of the session settings, you need to check the option "Show users on the dashboard" then in the session you select an user and click the Properties button in the action panel to see the properties/attributes of the user. You also can right click on the header of the grid view and select "Column Chooser" which contains properties/attributes name and drag & drop the attributes you want to see in the grid view.

For more informations about the AD Console you can visit: http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?sessions_adconsole.htm#_ga=1.128169292.1553683418.1417557429

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I dind't find it easy to configure and to use. Could you know how many user are using it ???

Is there any chance that we get this information in the dashboard of the machine ?

It will be faster en easyer to use. Why did I have to use another windows if all the information can be on an unique windows, the dashboard ?

X. Thomas.

2015-02-26 10_31_20-Remote Desktop Manager [Dashboard].png
2015-02-26 10_31_48-Remote Desktop Manager [Dashboard].png
Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand what you want on the dashboard. The dashboard is for a specific host/connection. What do you want to be listed on it?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand what you want on the dashboard. The dashboard is for a specific host/connection. What do you want to be listed on it?

Yes, but for a connection I always have a User defined. This user is defined on this screen :

It will be thus easyer to get directly information about the user on the dashboard.

X. Thomas.

2015-02-26 10_31_48-Remote Desktop Manager [Dashboard][1].png
Clock4 yrs

Thank you for the details. I will enter a feature request for that but I'm not sure how easy this would be. The dashboard is not designed for now to handle this case.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs