Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Additional LastPass Features

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm trying to convince our company to move to your Remote Desktop Manager as a companywide solution but am struggling to do so due to lack of a few abilities...

1. LastPass integration only shows one level of folders and credentials. Any subfolders or credentials within those subfolders do not appear. This is really a bummer right now... :-(

2. Ability to use a local credential as to log in to LastPass when creating a new RDM credential. It would really be nice to have any possible way of saving LastPass account login credentials so that when I create a new LastPass credential in RDM I am not forced to reenter my username and password every single time.

I think that's it for now.

Thanks for listening! Take care!

Clock5 yrs

Actually, on item number 1... It appears that credentials in subfolders appear IF they are NOT a secure note. Secure notes in subfolders do not seem to show up.

Perhaps this is actually a bug? I dunno...

Clock5 yrs

Hi

I will have to check for the secure notes, we just added support for them in a recent release, maybe I forgot to deserialize the folder.

As for the local credentials, can you describe how you proceed? We have a non-persistent cache that is active only during a RDM execution's lifetime, its indexed by username. So you are supposed to be prompted only once for each credential set.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

What version are you running, both tests worked out for me.

2014 05 09 16 04 57

I am asked for my password only once upon first access.
edited by mcote on 5/9/2014
edited by mcote on 5/9/2014

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

2014-05-09_16-04-57.png
Clock5 yrs

Hi Maurice,

So after some additional testing these issues only happen with SHARED folders. Both issues are still persisting with version 9.4.3.0.

Any thoughts on this?

Clock5 yrs

My apologies... I need to get you additional info on item number 2 per your request. I will do this now and report back.

Clock5 yrs

Okay let me re-summarize everything...

1. Issues with LastPass SHARED folders only
a. Secure notes do not appear in the RDM list of available credentials from LastPass
b. Only root shared folders appear; subfolders are completely missing

2. Continually needing to enter LastPass log in information when creating credentials
a. Right click on the desired folder in my RDM credential list
b. Go to ADD -> ADD NEW CREDENTIAL
c. In the window that is presented select LASTPASS
d. Select INTEGRATED mode
e. Enter ACCOUNT NAME and PASSWORD
f. Click the button with "..." and locate Last Pass credential
g. Assign the RDM credential a name and click OK

So for item number 2, it's a pain to have to perform step E every single time I create a new credential in RDM. It would be nice to be able to have a global, static and persistent place to store these log in credentials and have them auto populated into the fields in step E. Does that make sense?

Also, I'm seeing the text "AFBLEEDING" next to every object icon when editing a credential or connection. Is this text supposed to be present?

Thank you for your help sir! Have a great day!

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

Item 1, I have tested again in my environment and cannot duplicate, can you do a screen recording? We could also do a remote session. PM me if you choose the remote session.

Item 2, In fact we have added a credential management structure that will allow us to do that in the future, but with the version you have right now, the best method would be to use http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/credentials_dynamiccredentiallinking.htm This will allow you to have a single LastPass credential entry per account.

Item 3 (AFBLEEDING), can you attach a screenshot?

Thanks

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

it seems that AFBeelding is a dutch word meaning image, picture.

It seems we have an issue, but its not related to Lastpass, its in the application itself.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Maurice,

Thank you for the help! Perhaps we can schedule a remote support session as I believe it would be easier for you to actually witness this firsthand. I will PM you.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Clock5 yrs

We are including in our next beta diagnostic instructions for the debug mode, I would like to wait for this to be available in order to have a deeper understanding of what is occuring.

Hopefully it will be out soon.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Maurice,

I've been meaning to coordinate a remote session with you to address this but have simply been too darn busy. I created a video to better show what I'm talking about here. I'd really like to get this corrected as it's kind of the final issue I need resolved before I can deploy RDM companywide.

I will email the video to you...

Thank you!

Clock5 yrs

Any updates on this?

Thank you!

Clock5 yrs

I am working with another user on an issue that may be a another symptom of the same root cause. It seems that when the account has a great number of folders, some decryption routines run into issues.

I now have access to two entreprise accounts and I am running further tests.

If ever you are in a position to have a gotomeeting session with me, drop me a note.

We will post news as soon as we identify the issue.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Maurice,

Good to hear. I actually would have some time to do a Goto Meeting tomorrow in the morning if you're around. Would that work for you? If so, what time would be good?

Clock5 yrs

Hi Maurice,

It looks like some progress has been made here as I now see subfolders. At this point I'm not seeing any secure notes at ALL. Previously I at least had secure notes from the root folders. Any idea what is happening here?

Thank you!

Clock5 yrs

The other customer changed his passwords (personal account and enterprise account) to something smaller than 24 characters and using distinct ones per account (they had been the same). This is what resolved his issue.

As a paying customer for Lastpass, the best assistance you can give us it to log a feature request on their side for a true API or SDK. Having to use a third party library is not the best solution.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs