Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Installer/Upgrade could do a much better job

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I install and upgrade plenty of applications on my PC, but none have as many obvious defects as the RDM installer:

• The installer does not remember the last installation's settings e.g. I don't want it to be the default for .rdp and hate when I forget to untick this box and need to undo the mess made
  • If you pin RDM to the task bar, a new installation causes the icon to go white until you un-pin and re-pin it, Firefox used to do this but was fixed by Mozilla (Win7 and Win8)
  • If you pin RDM to the start menu, set the icon to be small, after an upgrade a medium size icon gap is pushed around the star menu icon mving all the other icons around (Win8 only)
  • Upgrades downloaded by the main application remain in the temp folder and have to be manually deleted - I have never seen these being removed
Surely these are easy fixes considering none of my other applications upgrade and leave such a mess. Please fix the installer.

Cheers,
Fernando

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I will do my best to improve the installation process. However it's not always as simple as it seems. We've already tried to fix the pin problem but were unsuccessful. It's a know issue without a solution with the installation program we use.

On the other hand, for the remember the installation settings and the remaining setup files, it should not be a problem.

Thank you very much for your feedback

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Thanks, could I also add another thing although for the main application itself?

• Stop taking focus when starting up and other times - if you start RDM and then Alt-Tab to another application to leave RDM to work in the back ground, it constantly steals focus back. This can be infuriating if you're trying to do something else - again, I do this with many other apps (Outlook, Firefox etc) and they don't do this.

Clock5 yrs

Could you give me an example on when this happen? Is it when a connection closed or if you get prompted for a password?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Could you give me an example on when this happen? Is it when a connection closed or if you get prompted for a password?

Every morning when I start RDM after logging onto my PC, I start RDM then start other apps but RDM just steals back focus as it shows it's splash screen and then after when it prompts to open previous sessions.

Clock5 yrs

It's only when the application starts or even during the day?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Only when it starts so far.

Clock5 yrs