Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Auto Hide Navigation Tab

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Is it possible for the Mac version to autohide the navigation pane like the Windows version?

In Windows, I have the navigation menu autohide/unpinned with the vertical 'Dashboard' menu that I can quickly click on, so I can chose a server to connect to and it will then spawn in a tab, but because the navigation menu automatically hides the tabbed connection is effectively full screen. In the Mac version I have to manually drag the dashboard back out again, but if I then connect to a server the connection is made with the remaining screen space, so that when I then hide the dashboard the connection size does not take advantage of the entire space available.

I hope I've explained it well and that it makes some sense.

Cheers,
Simon

Clock6 yrs

Hi Simon,
We will enter a feature request for that. We are about to release the v1 of the Mac version. This could be included in the next update.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks David. Looking forward to v1.1 smile

Clock6 yrs

Me too!

This is the main feature/behaviour preventing me from purchasing.

Ideally, this app would have the same functionality as MS Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDPMan) - full screen sessions with an auto-hide sessions tab.
edited by JL on 6/25/2014

Clock6 yrs

Good day Devolutions team!

I have read a few posts dating back a few months or more with comments about v1.0 for Mac being released soon.

I know dev catch-up and documentation can consume plenty of cycles, but can you offer any more detail on when *soon* will be?

Thanks!

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

Right now we are aiming for September 2014.
We were supposed to release it earlier put we decided to improve it a little more.

We are hoping everything goes well until then.

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I just installed v1.0.2..0

Any word on this? I do not see that behaviour? Also, when one enters credentials in a group, should that propagate to the servers in said group?

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

There seems to be a little confusion here, let me explain.
We just release v 1.0 build number 2. There will be many other builds to fix bugs and maybe enhance a few existing features.

When we are ready we will release v 1.1 with a new set of features. Unfortunately, we are not ready to set a date for v 1.1.

This being said we added a button in the toolbar that show/hide the navigation pane. (It's the second button starting from the left.)

Is it sufficient for your need? Beside the full auto-hide feature is there something that could work as a replacement?

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Benoit Sansregret wrote:

Hi,

This being said we added a button in the toolbar that show/hide the navigation pane. (It's the second button starting from the left.)

Is it sufficient for your need? Beside the full auto-hide feature is there something that could work as a replacement?

Benoit,

I have a undocked rdp window and I use for every rdp session a new window. On every window I have the the entry name in the window head. Than the tab under the window head show the entry title (and a icon in front of it).

How can I disable this tab / navigate pane ? I found no icon/button ? Or do you speak about a other view ? I cannot activate the toolbar (my View->Show Toolbar is gray).

Bye
Jochen

Clock5 yrs

Hi Jochen,

I will add a new parameter to hide undocked window's tab bar.
I won't have time to include this feature in this week's build but it should be available in the release scheduled in about 2 weeks.

Jonathan Lafontaine

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Jonathan Lafontaine wrote:

Hi Jochen,I will add a new parameter to hide undocked window's tab bar.
perfect - if you can add a other button to hide the the tab left site in the dashboard (so I use the navigation only) that would be very happy!

Jonathan Lafontaine wrote:

I won't have time to include this feature in this week's build but it should be available in the release scheduled in about 2 weeks.
ok - nice ... thank you

Bye
Jochen

Clock5 yrs

Jochen wrote:

Benoit Sansregret wrote:
Hi,

On every window I have the the entry name in the window head. Than the tab under the window head show the entry title (and a icon in front of it).

How can I disable this tab / navigate pane ?

Hi Jochen

Maybe I misunderstand the question, but if you check in Preferences > General > User Interface, there is an option called "Show the tab bar on undocked windows".

If you uncheck this option, there should be no tab bar on your undocked windows!

Let me know if this helps,

Richard
edited by Richard Markiewicz on 1/30/2015

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I've missed that one.
Thank you Richard for jumping in.

Jonathan Lafontaine

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Richard,

Richard Markiewicz wrote:

Hi,Maybe I misunderstand the question, but if you check in Preferences > General > User Interface, there is an option called "Show the tab bar on undocked windows".
Today I installed the new version 1.1.12.0 and I look for this - I disable it for all undocked window with this preferences option. Thank you.

Is there also a option or button to disable the dashboard tab (not only the tab line) ?

Bye
Jochen

Clock5 yrs

Jochen wrote:

Richard,

Richard Markiewicz wrote:

Hi,Maybe I misunderstand the question, but if you check in Preferences > General > User Interface, there is an option called "Show the tab bar on undocked windows".
Today I installed the new version 1.1.12.0 and I look for this - I disable it for all undocked window with this preferences option. Thank you.

Is there also a option or button to disable the dashboard tab (not only the tab line) ?

Bye
Jochen

Hi,

I'm glad that the existing option worked for you.

For the dashboard, I don't think there is something currently available. I'll let Jonathan comment on the feasibility and timescale of adding that feature smile

Thanks, Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

For the dashboard, I don't think there is something currently available. I'll let Jonathan comment on the feasibility and timescale of adding that feature image

thank you for your support !

Bye
Jochen

Clock5 yrs

The op had requested auto-hide navigation about 3 years ago, today I still cannot find this option for the Mac version. Can you tell us Mac users how to hide the left navigation bar after connect? It's somewhat annoying, comparing to the Windows version. Thanks!

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

We have an option to hide the navigation tab bar on undocked windows (Preferences > General > User Interface > Show the tab bar on undocked windows).

We don't have an option to remove the Dashboard tab though.

But I'm not sure this is what you're talking about though? What exactly do you mean with the left navigation bar? Sending a print screen might help.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

The left navigation bar, that has the server list in it. In Windows, it hides to the left. How do we do this on the Mac?

Untitled 4.tiff
Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I see what you mean. In windows, we can unpin the tree view. This make the dashboard area take the whole space and when you click on the Tree View tab, it is shown over the dashboard area. This is not possible in RDM Mac as of yet.

I'll add it in our TODO list, but the way our UI is, it's not going to be quite as easy to implement as in RDM Windows.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Ah, OK. I am surprised it was not a main feature - for me, it's annoying because it makes your viewing area a lot smaller. On a laptop, this is even worse. Thanks for considering the change.

Clock3 yrs

Well, in the mean time, you can always hide it manually with the button in the title bar. But I can see how it can be annoying.

I'll keep you informed on this.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Oh and there is one other feature you might like. When you hide the navigation tab and enter something in the search bar, you'll get a popover with the filtered tree. It can be an alternative to an automatically hiding tree if you're using the filter often:

FilteredTreePopover

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

FilteredTreePopover.png
Clock3 yrs

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that.

Clock3 yrs