Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Disabling "allow reveal password" ?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

We are using Remote Desktop Manager 9.2.5.0. and i have a little problem.
->
We have 5 engineers supporting multiple customers and one/two of them do some basic support for our internal IT.
That means they should have the following rights:
"Customers": See/Change everything, reveal passwords
"Internal IT": View entries and connect to some server (e.g. for backup task maintenance) and don't be able to see passwords.
->
I created two security-groups „customers“ and „internal it“ and two roles (customers-show pwd“ and „internal it – dont show pwd“ and assigned it to the users.

Problem: when a user is assigned to two roles then it wont work that he cannot see the passwords. it works only when i remove the “allow reveal password” in both roles.
Is there a way to work around this ?

BR
Bernd

Clock5 yrs

The allow reveal password is a system level privilege for a user. It means that as soon as you grant "allow reveal password", the user can view the password of all the entries that he has the "view" permission on.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

We already have a feature request to allow reveal password per security group. This is a major change that we plan to include in RDM 10.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Is this implemented?

Clock3 yrs

Unfortunately it's not. We have decided to wait for the mobile version before implementing the new security engine. The IOS and Android development is going very well and we should be able to implement this for the next major release in 2016.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

is there a solution? I got the same problem. We want to deploy RDM for our support department but with this right assignment it is difficult.

Clock3 yrs

We have something in progress internally and it will be included in RDM 12

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks for reply.

You have an idea when it will be released?

Clock3 yrs

We expect to release RDM 12 in beta this September. It's coming soon.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs