Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Link sessions in several groups

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
is it possible, to add a feature, which allows to link a session in several groups?
We have sort our sessions by Customer -> Function. But some systems are shared infrastructure (for more than one customer) or have several functions (e.g. Active Directory, DHCP and DNS). In this case we have to decide, in which group we place the session. But I think its better, when you have one master session, which can be linked in several other groups.
This would be nice.

Thanks
MikeN

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
This feature was already requested and won't be included in the next version. I really think it's a good idea and I will include it for a future version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hello David,

Do you already have a scheduled appointment?

Thanks
FalkoP

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
We have just released the new version so it will be in the next major update. This should be one of the first feature implemented in the next beta.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Me too! When is the next major update? It's about 5 months later since this last post.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I already tried to add it but I stopped because of the security group. If you add the possibility to create shortcut session in another group, the problem I have is that it will not be possible to assign it a different security group. Is it a problem for you?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

The other possibility is to change the UI to include a session in multiple groups but the security group will still be the same.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I already tried to add it but I stopped because of the security group. If you add the possibility to create shortcut session in another group, the problem I have is that it will not be possible to assign it a different security group. Is it a problem for you?

Being new to the product (in evaluation), I'm not sure about the function and implications of Security Group consideration that you mention so I can't offer an educated response.

Clock7 yrs

It's more about using different security setting for the shortcut and the original session.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I think this would be a great feature and I would not mind if the "shortcut" used the same security group settings as the source session.

Clock7 yrs

Hello Dave,

i "push" this request.

Do you already have a scheduled appointment? I think, it's longe as 1 jear ago....that we spoke about this feature request...
Do you have new informations about this???

Thank's
Falko

Clock7 yrs

It's already available smile just select multiple groups in the session or separate them with a ;

For example

mygroup1;mygroup2\test

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

sure, but if you go offline, the linked sessions are not in the right folders anymore upset
they are shown in the root folder
<em>edited by Martin on 6/20/2012</em>

Clock7 yrs

I'm testing this right now

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Found the problem and it's now fixed.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs