Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDP Smart Size

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I see there's a Smart Size option, but this is not setting the resolution of the RDP session to fill the window, it's scaling the original resolution. This makes the screen blurry and hard to work with for an old guy smile

How about implementing real Smart Size (as the RDP Parameter 'smart sizing:i:1')?

Rab

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
The smart size parameter works exactly like "smart sizing:i:1"when it's opened externally. There is an undocumented feature for old guys like you smile. Go in the application option, in the advanced tab. you will see an option named "Fit embedded Window (Remote Desktop Manager5.0)". Check this option and let me know if it's what you wanted ?

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Works like a dream smile

Thx

Rab

Clock10 yrs

Excellent, this was created as a hack, maybe it's time to add this option directly in the session configuration.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Ah ha! This has been driving me nuts too, having the screen all blurry. The "smart size" check box doesn't seem to do anything, so if the screen size is left set to Default, it will use (on my computer anyway) 1280x944, which isn't even a proper aspect ratio, and it smushes the image into the available screen space. The old mRemote app automatically scaled the resolution properly, and checking the "Fit embedded window" box makes it do the same thing mRemote does. That's one more problem solved for the conversion. =)

Clock10 yrs

smile

Really really great , I was looking for this features !!!!

Thanks a lot

Clock10 yrs

Tried the smart sizing:i:1 on a my machine running XP and it worked great. Tried it for a user running windows 7 and it did not seem to work. . any thoughts?

Clock8 yrs

Does it work with mstsc.exe?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi, I have been having similar issues and in my searching I found this thread which I can see is rather old although for me still relevant.
My question is why am I unable to find this configuration option anywhere in v12.6.1? I have been searching for "Fit embedded window" but cannot find it anywhere. I have even used the nice little "Search Property" search box but to no avail.

Clock2 yrs

@Tomer,

This is a very old thread, so I suggest to start from the beginning.

What is your issue exactly?

What version of RDM are you running?

What type of data source are you using?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

@tomer,

I saw that you left us a voicemail and send us an email at support@devolutions.net as well.

I will ask to one of our agent to contact you over the phone this morning regarding your questions.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs