Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Control-Alt escape from remote machine context

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

The following feature can come in handy:
Control-Alt escape from remote machine context into the local one, while working in the "Alt-Tab in remove machine" mode.
It is similar to what's going on in VMWare Workstation, for instance.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
On what type of session have you tried this?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

A remote desktop (RDP) session.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Would you mind to verify in the Local Resources tab page if the Keyboard combobox value is set to "On the remote computer"?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Yes, it is.
Here is the experience I seek: the Alt+Tab combination switches tasks inside the remote machine. In order to "get out" into the local machine, one can press Control+Alt (and then Alt+Tab works locally).

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
If I understand correctly, we should ask this to Microsoft. They do the RDP client and ActiveX. I don't think I can do anything for that. Let me know if I'm wrong and you see a solution?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Well, in essence you are correct.
However, I did find a clue for something similar: CTRL+ALT+RIGHT/LEFT, which is supported by the TS ActiveX control:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverTS/thread/0fbbfb1c-b424-4389-af9c-daab4372963c

Clock8 yrs

I added this to our todo, I will try to do some test and see if we can implement this. This won't be in the next version (we expect to release it in the next few weeks).

Thank you for your help.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs