Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Integration with Password Vault Manager

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi David,

I have installed a trial of the the Password Vault Manager and created a few entries to test with RDM.
I noticed RDM is requesting the PVM-client when trying to pass the credentials to the session.
As an administrator, I won't mind using the Password Vault Manager to create credentials, but an ordinary user shouldn't be bothered with the values. If he (or she) is allowed access to the (account) entry, the entry can be used in a RDM-session. (There is a view button in RDM.)

Regards, Paul

Regards, Paul Molensky

Clock8 yrs

Hi Paul,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. All the Password Vault Manager features are built-in in Remote Desktop Manager Enterprise. This mean that you can create the credential in the RDM database.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi David, you're right about creating the credentials.

But when I create a RDM-session, link it to the PVM-credential (the PVM-client has to be running also), close the PVM-client and start the session I get an error-box.
UnableToFindThePVMApplication
Followed by the login-prompt.

When I start the PVM-client, I can login to a session without questions.

Regards, Paul
<em>edited by molensky on 8/5/2011</em>

Regards, Paul Molensky

UnableToFindThePVMApplication.jpeg
Clock8 yrs

Hi Paul,
You right, what do prefer? Should the application wait for PVM to be opened or we should just skip the message?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Ideally? Not to need the PVM-client for RDM-sessions :-)
It's possible to create/view entries without the client present. So I'm hoping to use it as a credential repository without the client present.

Regards, Paul

Regards, Paul Molensky

Clock8 yrs

I'm not sure I understand, if you create the entry in RDM,, you won't need PVM. It's only required when you create an external entry.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi David,

I'll try to write the steps involved, how RDM/PVM responses (R) and what I would like (L).
- "Add Data Entry" (account) within RDM
R. Works
L. Do not change
- "Add Credential Entry" within RDM
R. Checks and notifies whether PVM is open/datasource available
L. Acceptable (creating this entry is not high frequency), but I would like if PVM-datasource is the same as RDM-datasource, direct available without PVM-client
- Link the Credential Entry to an RDM-session
R. Works
L. Do not change
- Open the RDM-session (with a PVM-credential)
R. Checks and notifies whether PVM is open/datasource available
L. I would like if PVM-datasource is the same as RDM-datasource, direct available without PVM-client

Does this help? I realize the two (or more) datasources could differ, which creates the need for the PVM-client. But it would be nice if it's detectable if it's the same datasource and therefor eliminate the need for an extra client.

Regards, Paul

Regards, Paul Molensky

Clock8 yrs

I see now what you mean, I will see if I can do something for that. I have an idea how to implement this feature.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I have implemented that but it works only if PVM is not configured.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs