Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Telnet after-connect commands

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible to set it up to allow for the after-connect commands to be treated as password fields? We have a number of network devices that require an enable password to be typed after connection, and would like to be able to have that enable password hidden from the user.

Alternatively, a modified form for Telnet/SSH devices would work that had an input field for "Enable command" and "Enable password" would work. Preferably with the ability to decrypt the enable password as you do the regular password. It would probably be easier to store the decryptable enable password in the XML connection descriptor, though, to prevent the database schema from becoming too complicated.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I added it to my todo list, this is a must for our application. Thank you.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

David,

Has there been any progress on allowing for devices to have a secondary "enable" password that can be stored encrypted instead of as a plain-text after login command?

Clock7 yrs

Have you tried to use the custom variable with encryption?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I haven't. I wasn't aware anything like that existed, actually. I'll look around the RDM site for documentation on that feature, and give it a try. Thanks.

Clock7 yrs

We running behind on updating our help. So don't worry if you can't find everything. There is a small checkbox near the custom field to encrypt it.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Awesome! I was kind of wondering why there was an unlabeled checkbox there. Thought it was probably best not to poke it, though, until I knew what it did.

I'll try it out on a few connections to see how it works. The only additional feature request I would make for that would be the ability to decrypt it (like you have implemented for the password fields already). I haven't checked in the database yet, so it may already be implemented, in which case, you can consider me one very happy man.

Clock7 yrs