Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

New beta for Remote Desktop Manager 6.2

@zim2323

Ouff, I'm not sure what I can do. I will see if I can find anything in the documentation but if you have a solution for me, let me know

@pgordemer
What I suspect is that the macro is executed too quickly, I will add a notification in the trayicon when it's executed we will see it. For the delay, I will support both for backward compatibility, but you are right.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I don't have one. I was kinda of hoping together we could work together on creating one. Honestly, you could create a tool completely seperate from Remote Desktop Manager for the Enterprise market specifically geared to creating a tool for managing the new RDS infrastructure and I would bet more than one person would go for it. There are a lot of people dissapointed in how Microsoft implemented the new RDS Manager.

Like I said, let me get you connected through LogMe.In or something similar and show you.

Clock7 yrs

It's interesting, but It will have to wait until this release is completed. Right after, you could come to me with this and I will take a look at it.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

i get the followig exeption with the acutal beta when im trying to open the global shared connection log:
SqlNullValueException - Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_String()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetString(Int32 i)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.GetDataStrings(String sql, IDbDataParameter[] parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SqlServerLogSubDataSource.GetGroupNames()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.FreConnectionGlobalLogList.DoInitializeComponent()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.FreBase..ctor()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedView..ctor()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.FreConnectionGlobalLogList..ctor()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.ViewConnectionLogGlobal()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.MainMenuManager.mnuViewConnectionLogGlobal_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I added a fix and this will be in the next beta release. Sorry about that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
A new beta version is now available:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.1.11.0.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.1.11.0.zip

- Added drag and drop support for the cloud explorer
- Added the possibility to package an installer without a subscription
- Added the possibility to use a linked credential or embedded credential with the local and user override
- Added password support for the Team Viewer prompt with the remember last input feature
- Added a trayicon message when execution the auto typing macro
- Added the possibility to change the display mode with the local and user overrides
- Added the {WINDOW:???} command to focus a window with the auto type macro
- Enhanced the status feature (warning, custom message and lock by information)
- Fixed a crash with the Move to Another Group and the root selected
- Fixed a but with the Go Offline on VPN connection
- The delay command is not longer case sensitive in the auto typing macro

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

thanks for drag and drop,

but :

- in cloud explorer is it possible to delete something by pressing del.
- when i drag and drop to local (download large file), if i cancel, remote destop freeze.
- when i drag and drop to cloud (upload large file), no progress bar are visible.

In another subject is it possible to have an integration of this product (M-file) http://www.m-files.com. I see api for client developement.

thanks again

Clock7 yrs

Hi David,
first of all: many many many thanks for this very cool Programm RDM. Our Support is very happy to work with such a great tool.
pls. can you explain how the new feature "Added the possibility to package an installer without a subscription" is used. What can one do with the resulting .rdi file?

Whish list:
- pls. add a link "Edit Session" to the Dashboard. So that you do not have to right click on a session to edit.
- is there a possibliity to not reload the whole Session Data from SQL when one edited a session (in SQL Mode)?
- a feature to automatically reconnect a RDP Session would be nice (in a case of Serverreboot for example)
- pls make the colums in "openned Session" smaller and safe the width in the config file.

Thanks for your great work.

Björn

Clock7 yrs

Hi BJ11
For the new feature about the installer package, it's used to to create a package on a computer without a subscription. A subscription is still required to process the package but this allow you to create a specific package on different machine.

For the edit, you can double click on the header (name or icon) to edit the session, but I will try to add edit in the available button.
For the full reload, there is an Advanced option to "Force refresh before session edit"
The automatic reconnect is on my todo list for the next version
I added the feature request for the opened session grid. I might be able to squeeze it for the final beta.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I'm just playing with the latest beta 6.1.11.0 and I cant type a Polish character outside of RDM! The problem is with Ctrl-Alt-A shortcut which we use to enter a special national character (actually we use the right Alt key, the AltGR, but it's actually Ctrl-Alt). You've made it global, so the keys are inactive even outside of RDM. The regular (non-beta) ver. works fine. So I can't have my letter typed in a word processor as long as RDM is launched in background!

And a small complain: the treeview items are spaced not so tight as they were in v.5.8. There is too much vertical space among items so less items are visible on screen. I see no reason for it.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
The shortcut is not confgurable yet but in the xml configuration (remotedesktopmanager.cfg) you can change DisableExecuteTypingMacroHotKey to true. I will add it in the UI for the next beta

Also for the vertical spacing, we changed it to the default in Windows Explorer. You can change it back in the application option by checking Disable Tree View themes.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We are now pleased to release another beta. Please take note that the next version will be 6.5 and not 6.2 as mentioned before.
If you don't already own an Enterprise license, you should consider buying it before our price rise (September 9th).

Download:
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.1.12.0.exe
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.1.12.0.zip

Change history:
- Added -nocertpwd option for the Cisco VPN
- Added auto open alternate host with tcp port scan
- Added an export menu for the application grids (Csv, Xml and Html)
- Added an Edit action link in the dashboard
- Added a data result session type to execute a query / report on a database
- Compressed the xml data for the Add-on Manager and Session Script Tool Manager
- Fixed an error message when the application is unable to ping the alternate host
- Fixed a UI bug with the Offline mode and the Administration menu
<em>edited by dhervieux on 8/29/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I seem to be getting this error upon startup. Windows 7 - 64bit
Enterprise Edition 6.1.12.0
InvalidOperationException - Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS0119: 'bool' is a 'type', which is not valid in the given context

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SerializationManager.GetSerializer(Type type)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SerializationManager.LoadObjectFromString(String str, Type type, Boolean createAnInstanceIfNotExists)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.ConnectionOverrideSaver.OverrideData.ToConnectionOverride()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.ConnectionOverrideSaver.Fill(List`1 connectionOverrideList)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionOverrideManager.set_ConnectionLocalOverridesSaverString(String value)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OptionManager.DoLoadOptionExtension()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.OptionManager.LoadOptions()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ApplicationManager.InitializePhaseOne(String[] args, ApplicationDescriptor applicationDescriptor)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Program.Main(String[] args)

Clock7 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
We are now pleased to release another beta. Please take note that the next version will be 6.5 and not 6.2 as mentioned before.
If you don't already own an Enterprise license, you should consider buying it before our price rise (September 9th).

Glad to hear your business is growing and that RDM is getting a well needed price increase, have you decided on any price changes for renewalls? Also, I asked this in a previous post that you must have not noticed but please give us some info on what RDM Server is going to be. As we are already using RDM on a server with SQL I can only imagine what your intentions are.

Daniel

Clock7 yrs

FYI... TheGreenBow VPN Add-on keeps showing that an update is needed, even though I updated it. I deleted and redownloaded new. Still shows that it needs updated.

Any ideas?

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

@Ohip
Can you send me in a private email the file in %LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDEsktopManager\remotedesktopmanager.ext?

@Daniel
Yes we will have a small increase and some renewal prices changes but not for the single user. We set all the renewal price at 40% of the regular price.

For the server, we will release more details soon but it the same thing than Remote Desktop Manager Online but hosted or deployed by you. You will be able to deploy it on your own machine.

@
For the TheGreeBow VPN it's now integrated and we don't need the add-on anymore. I will fix this for the next beta release and it will no longer appears. Sorry about that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

During install, Get a prompt to include the program in Startup and also under Custom install get an option to make the program AutoStart. Need to remove one of the two options. I'd prefer to see the item removed from Custom install.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Port Scan Check is working perfectly!
Thanks David

Clock7 yrs

remotedesktopmanager.log:
[9/3/2011 1:55:22 PM]DEBUG Form load was not called
[9/3/2011 1:55:22 PM]DEBUG Starting main form Load
[9/3/2011 1:55:22 PM]DEBUG Main form Loaded = true
[9/3/2011 1:55:22 PM]DEBUG Ending main form Load
[9/3/2011 1:55:22 PM]DEBUG Showing main form...
[9/3/2011 1:55:23 PM]DEBUG Loading user info VETZ\Christian Goebel
[9/3/2011 1:55:23 PM]DEBUG userInfo.IsAdministrator: True
[9/3/2011 1:55 PM]ERROR System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS0119: bool ist ein Typ, das im gegebenen Kontext jedoch ungültig ist.

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SerializationManager.GetSerializer(Type type)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SerializationManager.LoadObjectFromString(String str, Type type, Boolean createAnInstanceIfNotExists)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.ConnectionOverrideSaver.OverrideData.ToConnectionOverride()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.ConnectionOverrideSaver.Fill(List`1 connectionOverrideList)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionOverrideManager.set_ConnectionUserOverridesSaverString(Object value)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.SecurityManager.LoadSecurity()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnectionsFromDataSource(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource)

a clear/new/empty MSSQL Database is working, the original one brings up this error on opening RDM/ changing the Datasource.

the remotedesktopmanager.ext does not exist.
<em>edited by Xanacas on 9/3/2011</em>

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I still have issues with the Tree View spacing. The optionn to Disable Tree View themes doesn't work at all, i.e. nothing changes, even after restart. Here's how it looks now and looked before:
SpacingNew SpacingOld
I was, ehm, happier before...
Regards,
qqrq
edited by qqrq on 9/4/2011
<em>edited by qqrq on 9/4/2011</em>

SpacingNew.png
SpacingOld.png
Clock7 yrs

@qqrq You can edit the remotedesktopmanager.cfg file and change TreeViewItemHeight to 16. I will add this value in the UI soon.
@Xanacas I'm unable to explain this .NET error but I think I have found a workaround can you try this version:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.1.13.0.exe

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

no, still an error...

RemoteDesktopManager.log
Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Thank you for the log. It has helped me to find the error. Can you try this version?

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.1.13.0a.exe

Let me know if this help

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,

Attention, update isn't backwards compatible in using with a SQL server

FormatException - Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.VerifyMissingAddons(IEnumerable`1 connectionList)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnectionsFromDataSource(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnections(BaseConnectionDataSource connectionDataSource)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.RefreshConnections()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainBase.RefreshAllConnectionView(Boolean saveState, Boolean checkOnline)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainDockable.DoFirstLoad()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainDockable.tmFirstLoad_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
Is it possible that you have TheGreenBow add-on installed? I'm asking that because from the error I see, it's related to the missing add-on verification and we have integrated this add-on

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I think it's because I haven't changed the version in the installer and it does not recognize the update. You can unzip it:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.6.1.13.0a.zip

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

thanks, works great!

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
an Option to always open RDM in collapsed tree view would be very nice.
Like:
Sessions
+Customer1
+Customer2
+.....
Credentials
Session Script Tools
Thanks

Clock7 yrs

Do you mean Open Always Collapsed everytime the application start?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs