Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

ownCloud / WebDAV Cloud Accounts

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hey Guys -

After I got tried of paying a lot each month for a large Dropbox and being a bit technically inclined, I discovered and started using ownCloud. I LOVE it and now use it for everything over Dropbox. The only cost is my $7 hosting fee which gives me 6tb of space.

ownCloud may be connected to via an API (open source) or via WebDAV. If there could be an option to add WebDAV connections - or better yet - an ownCloud account, it would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I have added a feature request for that. This would be a good addition. However we might not have the time to add this for RDM 9.5

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hey,

Did this ever get added?

Thank You

Clock4 yrs

No yet. We haven't worked on our cloud browser integration.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Good Morning -

Been a while since my initial post, but when upgrading to 12.0.2, thought I'd take another shot at it. "ownCloud" isn't listed as a session / entry to add, however, it does support WebDAV connections so tried setting one of those up. I entered the URL and credentials; but when I clicked OK, it said I must specify a "Home directory" so I simply put in "/". When trying to connect, it did not work.

My Question / Issue
What would the default Home Directory be if you just want to go to the root and if "/" is correct, any idea why this wouldn't work? I've been able to connect to my ownCloud's WebDAV using a variety of basic methods before without issue.

Free ownCloud Account
I'd prefer not putting the URL for it here since it's for personal use only - but - I would be willing to create a dedicated account / user on my ownCloud site with a good chunk of space + great bandwidth if one or more Devolution devs or anyone in the community that writes plugins wishes to try some things out with it. If anyone gets a plugin or whatever to work, I wouldn't mind you keeping it for use if you wish. For those unfamilier, it's very similar to Dropbox / Google drive as it offers sync clients and a web interface - just better IMO and open source. Let me know.

Thanks!

UPDATE
I forgot to mention, my site is secured by a 3rd party SSL cert so did check the option to use SSL when attempting the WebDAV connection plus verified the port was 443. I also tried using both "/" and "\" for the Home and Root directories. Even though I didn't think it would make a difference, I tried removing "https://" from the beginning of the host address which is in the format of: "mysite.com/owncloud/remote.php/webdav". It's the same address I use with other WebDAV tasks and the reason behind it is discussed here. However, no matter how I configure it, once I open the session, the right side of the screen is blank. After a minute or so with no change, I click on the refresh button towards the top and an error message appears. Below is what it says:

Enterpirse Edition: 12.0.2.0 64-bit
Memory Usage: 536 MB
Running Since: 1 hours 16 minutes
NullReferenceException

NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedFileExplorerGeneric.ToTreePath(String path) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedFileExplorerGeneric.ClearNode(String path) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedWebDav.c2219c61694f9eb77c023576cdf9b9008(Object c19f185fd70cefc696ba148af1c4faf54, EventArgs cf1018bb83ec7debd818319fd3cb4844e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.EnhancedToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I have assigned this to Samuel. He should get back to you soon.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Try using "mysite.com" in the host field and "/owncloud/remote.php/webdav" in the Home directory field. See if you can connect with this. I'll eventually rework the settings window to make it more user friendly.

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I should have thought of that!

Unfortunately, I tried it tonight and got the same results. upset I'll try to verify again that webdav for my site is up, but was as recently as a week ago. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Clock2 yrs

hi,
is there an update to owncloud/nextcloud integration?
would be very useful as datasource

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 yrs

I was supposed to work. Do you get an error?

Is it possible to get a test account if it still does not work?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Sent David Nextcloud-Login

regards
Markus

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 yrs

Thank you Markus,
We will look into it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hey guys, so we looked at the documentation for owncloud and this is what we came up with.
The host should be your domain: exemple.com and home directory should be: /remote.php/dav/files/USERNAME/
Also make sure to check Use SSL and use port 443 if it's using HTTPS

Regards

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Samuel,

FYI: It's working like you posted but RDM-integrated WebDav-Client doesn't seem to be very reliable.

Sometimes it keeps on "Loading" Folders or RDM keeps on "Not Responding"
It's not really usable..

regards
Markus

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 yrs

I will ask Samuel to do more testing with ownClound

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

thx david

would it also be possible to use my ownCloud/NextCloud as DB-Datasource?

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 yrs

It's on our todo list to support webdav as data source.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thumbs Up

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 yrs