Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Enumerate and Shadow Remote RDS Sessions

• Create an Issue

I've been using Remote Desktop Manager for several years now and have found so many uses for this tool that I pretty much use it as a portal to work through. Here's what I would like to see added to the tool.

Connect to a session broker or terminal services (RDS) server and enumerate sessions, etc.
Allow management of those sessions.
Allow Shadowing of those sessions (Full desktop sessions only)
- Option to ask user for permission to remote shadow
- View only mode
- Show all monitors in remote session.

I'm actually looking to bring my IntelliAdmin Remote Control functionality into Remote Desktop Manager. This is a pretty simple tool, but I have to run it outside of RDM.

Clock5 yrs

Hi

David is away at the moment but he will look at this upon his return.

Regards

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Could you give me more detail about IntelliAdmin Remote Control?

Do you know if you have anything to install on the server?
Do they really rely on RDP for the remote connection?

Perhaps we could create an add-on to integrate the product in RDM. Do you know if we can invoke it in command line?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Sorry.. Haven't been on the forum for a while. I believe IntelliAdmin has it's own client\server service similar to VNC that installs when it connects. It definitely doesn't rely on RDP for the shadow. I'm not sure about command line options. I'll have to investigate that one.
edited by christopher_harper on 5/20/2014

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Someone told me that v12 supports shadowing sessions - is this true? I couldn't find any details on how to do this.

Thanks,
Ryan

Clock2 yrs

@rdgerken

What do you want to do exactly?

Do you want to connect on a remote computer and that the user in front of the computer is able to see what you are doing? If yes, this is possible with technology like Dameware or TeamViewer. This is not possible using RDP.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

You can't open shadowing sessions embedded inside RDM but the feature is there. You need to select your RDP entry and right click > view > console management > Terminal services console. In the console you will have the button to connect in shadow mode to an ongoing valid session.
Keep in mind the restrictions for shadowing are the same as with using mstsc.exe, which includes needing to be on the same domain and being an administrator.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hubert Mireault wrote:

You can't open shadowing sessions embedded inside RDM but the feature is there. You need to select your RDP entry and right click > view > console management > Terminal services console. In the console you will have the button to connect in shadow mode to an ongoing valid session.
Keep in mind the restrictions for shadowing are the same as with using mstsc.exe, which includes needing to be on the same domain and being an administrator.

Regards,

Hubert,

Yes, this is the feature I'm looking for! Perhaps in the future, you guys will have this set up where you can save the shadow connection for a specific client on the server. I have several environments where we need to shadow specific thin clients on demand, so having that saved as a connection itself would be preferable - but this is certainly a step in the right direction.

Thanks!
Ryan

Clock2 yrs