Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Private Vault Credential for Tools

• Create an Issue

Hi,

we are using many users to connect over many servers.

There's a way to set the private vault credential for the tools?

We disable password save in the private vault. So if we use the option always ask credential, that will ask username password for the ping command line... not very helpful.

thanks

Clock5 yrs

I have entered a feature request to use the private vault in tools. I will also enter a bug for the password prompt.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Both request have been implemented. It's not possible to use the private vault for tools and ping no longer prompt for the credentials. This will be in the next major release coming soon in beta.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Now the private vault for tools (user Specific settings) are available but there's an issue. If I dont insert the password into the private vault entry, i'll not working. But if I insert the password it's work very well.

But we don't want to insert password in the private vault. There's a way to be prompt for password?

Thanks

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I'm not sure how easy this will be to add. Just to be sure you since it's deep in the architecture. The question is how we can detect that this tool requires a password and prompt. Do you have an example of a tool that you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

I've test with remote process into remote management and Services into tools tab. Both work very well using the private vault with password. But when I delete the password and just use the username with private vault i got error access denied.

If you add an option like as for password before launch the tools?

thanks

Clock4 yrs

It will need to be a kind of Force ask for password

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs