Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

HTTP Basic Auth

• Create an Issue

Hi!

On the Web Browser Sessions, it supports setting the credentials for form based logons.
It would be cool if it would also use the credentials when the Webserver uses HTTP Auth (for example 'WWW-Authenticate: Basic')

cheers!

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I don't remember if this was in the version 6.1.3.0, but I added the basic authentication (I used it for my router). It here in the latest beta version

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.6.1.6.0.exe

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Alright! Thanks, David!

Clock8 yrs

I just tried by updating an existing session and just switched Auth mode from 'Form' to 'Basic'. Upon opening the session (embedded), I got this:

ArgumentException - Value does not fall within the expected range.

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IWebBrowser2.Navigate2(Object& URL, Object& flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers)
at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.PerformNavigate2(Object& URL, Object& flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers)
at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.PerformNavigateHelper(String urlString, Boolean newWindow, String targetFrameName, Byte[] postData, String headers)
at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Navigate(String urlString)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedInternetExplorerBrowserPage.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Clock8 yrs

OK as far as I can tell it's because my username and/or password has an @ in it wink

What I don't like is that the URL is visible in the embedded browser, including password in plain text.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I understand but if you use the external mode, it disappear from the browser url. Maybe I could do the same in embedded mode?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

yes, would be good. seeing plain passwords makes me shiver smile

also, can you escape user name and password, please? So it doesn't crash when you have URL sensitive characters in your credentials.

System.Web.HttpUtility.UrlEncode Method

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I will try, but I'm not sure the application will handle it correctly, have you tried to manually escape it?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Manually escaping it does work indeed!

If your username is "user@example.com" you just type "user%40example.com" into the 'User name' field and it works.
So it should be no problem for you to add the escape function

thanks!

Clock8 yrs

Thank you very much

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs