Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Office Add-on and Embedding

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I Have a problem when I create a session with office Add-on, It does not appear in embedded mode and returs me an error message.

It works fine with external mode, no problem !

What might be wrong ?

Thank you

RDM_error.jpg
Clock9 yrs

Hi,
This add-on must be unzipped in the application folder because it's required an ActiveX. Can you verify that you have the file AxInterop.OfficeCtrl.dll in the RDM folder?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I install Add-on manually and now it works fine ! Perfect

Effectively, I haven't the file AxInterop.OfficeCtrl.dll in my RDM Folder !

Thanks for your quick response.

Have a nice day

Clock9 yrs

Hi,

I have tried herebefore actions without success:

Enterprise Edition 6.1.3.0

FileNotFoundException - Could not load file or assembly 'AxInterop.OfficeCtrl, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OfficeAddOn.FreEmbeddedOfficeBrowser..ctor(String officeFilename)
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OfficeAddOn.OfficeAddOn.CreateEmbeddedFrame(String parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedAddOnConnector.CreateFrame(EmbededConnectionResult connectionResult)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeView.tvList_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.TreeViewXP.WndProc(Message& message)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

My RDM folder: C:\Program Files\Remote Desktop Connection Manager

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} AxInterop.OfficeCtrl.dll
AxMSTSCLib.DLL
help.htm
Interop.OfficeCtrl.dll
MSTSCLib.DLL
OfficeAddOn.dll
OfficeCtrl.ocx
RDCMan.exe
RDCManEULA.rtf
app.ico

Regards,
Nicolas

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I think that you unzipped the add-on in he wrong folder: RDMMan.exe is the Remote DEsktop Connection Manager from Mcirosoft. Could you verify if the add-on is correctly installer in the RDM folder?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Oups... I have missed something... wink

Anyway, I put the files in the right folders, I tried "automatic"/"manual" installation

The best thing I get is when I am trying to open an office session:
Enterprise Edition 6.1.3.0

InvalidCastException - [A]RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OfficeAddOn.OfficeConfiguration cannot be cast to [B]RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OfficeAddOn.OfficeConfiguration. Type A originates from 'OfficeAddOn, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\Program Files\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\OfficeAddOn.dll'. Type B originates from 'OfficeAddOn, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadNeither' at location 'C:\Documents and Settings\Xxxxxx\Application Data\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\OfficeAddOn.dll'.

at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OfficeAddOn.OfficeConfiguration.FromXml(String parameters)
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OfficeAddOn.OfficeAddOn.CreateEmbeddedFrame(String parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedAddOnConnector.CreateFrame(EmbededConnectionResult connectionResult)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.EmbeddedConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeView.tvList_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.TreeViewXP.WndProc(Message& message)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

After deleting all files in C:\Documents and Settings.... then recreate the connection to the connection database:

Standard Edition 6.1.3.0

ArgumentException - URI formats are not supported.

at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)

Regards,
Nikky

Clock9 yrs

The last exception seems to be related to the file. Is it a web url?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Yes, the office document is on a SharePoint.

I also have tried: file://MyDomain/DFSX/XXXX/XXX/NET/2%20-%20Network/1%20-%20Lan/2%20-%20Adressage%20IP/Adressage%20IP.xls

\\MyDomain\DFSX\XXXX\MTI\XXX\2 - Network\1 - Lan\2 - Adressage IP\Adressage IP.xls
<em>edited by Nikky on 9/7/2011</em>

Clock9 yrs

This is not supported but we could add this.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
The Office Add-on now support URL filename. But for now it's just for the Beta version of RDM with the latest version of this Add-on.
Regards
<em>edited by ASanscartier on 9/7/2011</em>

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,

Thank you for your quick integration. I will wait a little bit to install a stable version of RDM.

This support of urls is a good thing because network maps are user/workstation specific and is not in line with a multi users/workstation connections database."

Regards,

Clock9 yrs