Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

User - specific credential entry

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

it would be nice to have the ability to create user-specific KeePass credential entries. We use the enterprise version and we have a db where all the servers are listed. We would like to each group of servers a user-specific (not shared, not available from the db) KeePass credential entry, in order to manage easily our own passwords. If I now try do add a KeePass credential entry, it will be shared between everybody who has access to the db and he will therefore be able to use my credentials.

I hope you can get what we'd need.

m.a.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I see what you mean. I added this to our todo list, I have an idea how to implement this.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Thanks. Please post a reply here, when you have some news about the topic.

Clock8 yrs

I am looking for the exact same feature. Is this possible yet in the current version? (7.5)

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
if I understand correctly the request it already possible. Just leave the credential blank in the entry and with your user add a "user specific setting" Choose embedded credential and link it to your external password (PVM or KeePass) for example.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

If I batch edit a folder with Remote desktop connections and choose edit user specific settings selecting the embedded credential with KeyPass for example, it works. However, if the override credentials checkbox had already been selected in any of on the underlying connections with a user specific, they don't get the new credential entry.

Clock7 yrs

Sorry for the delay. I'm not able to reproduce it. What version do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I use version 7.5.1.0, but I'm unable to reproduce it anymore, so it's solved. Thanks.

Clock7 yrs