Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Embed AutoIt

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

There are certain situations where there's not really any programmatic way to provide username/password information to an application called by RDM. (The first thing that comes to mind is Cisco ASDM and other Java Web apps.)

It would be neat if RDM had AutoIt embedded in it so that custom scripts could be written to deal with these awkward programs.

AutoIt does have an embeddable DLL, according to documentation:

• AutoItX – DLL/COM control. Add AutoIt features to your favorite programming and scripting languages!
I know that this is a huge request, but it would likely enable a huge number of features that no one can predict, and you could even use it internally to automate logins for things you know about but can't currently do.

Clock8 yrs

This is a GREAT idea.
I'm always nagging David about little improvements/features requests regarding handling log/sign-in automation.
This way we(product users) and for that matter, RDM dev. team too could in the future share scripts and so forth.
Would in the long run, save RDM dev team a bunch of time fiddling with individual requests regarding login issues.

I must say, refreshing idea at-least mate smile

//Brandur

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I added a feature request. It's very interesting and it's exactly what the application needs.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Has any progress been made on this front?

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We haven't worked on this but it still on our whiteboard. This will not be available for the version 7.0 but maybe the next one.

Sorry about that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs