Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

sessino tool script - multi OS support

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

the session tool scripts seems to be interesting, but they can only used on windows. Support for other OSes requested. Identifiing the correct OS can be done manually by Session-value "OS" or by kind of Session with support of a "sh" shellscript (which is avail on nearly all OSes other than Windows)
eg. Script "IP config" repesents on:

• windows : "ipconfig /all"
  • linux: "ifconfig"
Script "Process list" on:
  • windows: "tasklist.exe [parameters]"
  • linux: "ps -ef"
  • AIX & HP-Ux: "ps -ax"

Clock8 yrs

We should create a new set of session tool for Putty?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

hmm, maybe is this not flexible enough.
we jump with mstsc to a windows session. I've to handle with a lot of unix derivates and use putty to all other OSes (Linux, AIX, HP-Ux, Solaris, zOS, ...).
The RDM handling would be too complex, if an other Session Tool is needed for each OS. This would result in a lot of "IP config" Scripts, a lot of "Process list" scripts and so on. The user must select the correct session tool for the current session and the tool would throw an exception if the wrong one was choosen.
If a session tool set for putty is your prefered way, how to handle other terminals (like X11, 5250, ....), which someone maybe implement as an addon in future?
I would prefer extending the xml structure of the session tool by alternative command calls, depending on the destination OS in conjunction of session type.

Clock8 yrs

I will see what I can do

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs