Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

DBVisualizer (free) connections

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Can you add DB Visualizer (free edition is fine, though would probably work with all versions) type connections to RDM?
Here's a webpage with the command line items:

http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/7.1/doc/ug/gettingStarted/gettingStarted.html#mozTocId693773

Also... I cannot seem to find the "new 6.0" beta forums. I usually run betas at work to see if I can find things for you guys.

Thanks!!
<em>edited by sinclaj1 on 6/20/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

That's cool, I added this to our todo list.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Was anything ever done with this?

Clock5 yrs

Not yet but I will ask André to take a look at it in the next few weeks.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Could you give a try to this new add-on please.
You just have to copy the dll in your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager folder.
I will be out of the office until monday but please fell free to post about any issue meanwhile.
Best regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

DbVisualizer1.0.0.0.zip
Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Any news ?

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

It is working. Thank you . Would be nice if the add on would allow the management of the Connection info like IP address, driver, etc. rather than depend on the connection info in dbvisualizer. I do understand we might be limited by the functionality provided by dbvisualizer. Would I be correct to assume the only functions you can setup in the addon are the command line functions available to the actual app?

Revised post since it was cut short trying to post from my phone.
edited by debell67 on 2/20/2014

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

I understand your wish, but as you assume it is the way DBVisualizer is designed.
The add-on uses all available external commands.

Best regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs