Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Use stored credentials to execute Session Tools?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When you click on an RDP server session, there are a list of Session Tools on the right. These are fantastic, but they execute using the credentials that the Remote Desktop Manager application is running under (or perhaps it's the logged on user.)

Regardless, when you click on one of these systems, it does not use the stored Domain\Username and Password that is used to log onto the machine. All of the RDP sessions I have require me to log in with a "super" account and that account is different between the different domains. (networkdev, networktest, networkprd etc.)

If those Tools that spawn Windows tools like Computer Management or Services or Event Viewer could use the stored credentials for that system, then they would actually be able to "do" something on those servers. As it stands now, when I execute any of them I get a permissions denied because my day to day account is not an Admin on those boxes.

For example, Services prompts me with "Unable to open service control manager database on XXXXXXXX. Error 5: Access is denied."

This would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Have you tried to set the credential in the Session configuration. It's available in the Tools tab page.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

I am having the same problem. I tried what you suggested by going to the Tools tab page and tried all kinds of different settings. Finally, I had the program prompt me for manual credentials, and even typing in my "super user" credentials, I get the access denied error. These credentials are at the domain admin level, and the same one I use to make the RDP connection (which works fine).

I am my own subnet ::1/128

Clock7 yrs

Maybe your server does not allow remote access to the tools:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2008/06/05/how-to-enable-remote-administration-of-server-core-via-mmc-using-netsh.aspx

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs