Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

RDP Sessions Freezing on Login

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I've been having the majority of my RDP sessions to freeze after logging in since I applied the last two updates. Most of my issues leveled out before these patches, except problems with copy/paste, caps lock sticking, and the random crashing of the applications. Any idea what's going on? How do I enable debugging to send you logs? My coworker is also having the same issue from his mac.

I am running OS 10.9.2 and Remote Desktop Manager 0.9.56.0 on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012).

Thanks,
Robert

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

I report your problem to AwakeCoding the guys behind the FreeRDP version we use.
To enable the debug logging you must go to Remote Desktop Manager menu then click Preferences...
In the Advanced Tab set the Debug Level to 1.

After you get some issues you can look at the and send i to us By going to the Help menu and clicking View Application Log...

For the freezing problem what might help us is an exemple of session you are using.
Follow these instructions to export one:

Right click on the entry you want to export
In the context menu click Export entry as Remote Desktop File (.rdp)…

Then chose the file name and location.

You can then send it directly to me at bsansregret at devolutions.net

Thank you for your feedback

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Done. I just sent you two RDP files and enabled debugging.

Clock6 yrs

Hi Robert,

Can you tell me if you are using a connection broker or a load balancer in your server environment?

Thanks,
- Marc-Andre

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

We just released a new version (0.9.57.0) with a fix for your issue.
Can you try it to see if it improves your situation?

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I just installed the update and will keep you posted. Thanks for the quick response.

Clock6 yrs

Using 0.9.57.0, we have an F5 setup for load balancing, but only for specific servers (not the ones I use).

I have crashes and freezing. Running Mavericks 10.9.2 Mid 2012 MB Pro with 2.3 i7, 10gb ram.

Attached is the crash dump, my sample connection, and the log from the freeze. Let me know if I can provide anymore information.

Cheers,

Travis

ExCrash.odt
ExConnection.rdp
ExFreeze.odt
Clock6 yrs

Hi,

We will look into it.

Thank you for your info.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

Version 0.9.59.0 is out and it should improve the situation on freeze and crash while using RDP sessions.

Tell me what you think of it?

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Just installed.
As of the previous version released - this new current version, I have had no crashes using my normal connection. Using the connection which previously caused freezes, it now properly returns an error to check credentials.

Looking good, and thanks for the speedy build updates.

Clock6 yrs

Hi, I have the same problem since updated to 0.9.55-56 and further. Also with latest version 0.9.59.0 reconnections freezing at login. If I end the session with MS RDP client I can login with RDM, but reconnects freezing.

The connections are going to Windows 2008R2 RDS-Farm, consisting of two servers.

Using OsX 10.9.2

Thank you

Clock6 yrs

Hi Ioan,

Your issue is added to our internal tracker.

Thank you for reporting it.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs