Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Usage Log (Database) in Offline Mode

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
when someone is using a session in offline mode and later syncs to the database,
the date/time of the usage log (database) shows the date/time when the sync occours, we cant see when the connection was made really.
Could you change this behavior?
greetings
Christoph

Clock5 yrs

Interesting request, makes perfect sense.

Unfortunately for me it's not an easy feature to implement. I will need a few days to thing about it. I think the best would be to create two change history rows. One for the initial offline create with the initial date/time and one for the sync with the appropriate date/time. I will discus with David and try to figure something out.

Regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

could you already think about this?
It is very important for us because most connections where made when connecting with an vpn. Then the Database ist not reachable.
We do not need the time of the offline-sync, only from the original connection time.
greetings,
Christoph

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I want to reopen this old request, because I'm in the exact same position. Some times there are a few days until a connection to the database is possible, so the log is sometimes pretty useless. Any news on this topic?

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I will verify with Stefane. I thought this was already fixed but maybe not.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

@Michael - Work was done on this many months back. This should already work, from memory, I believe we store the "client action date time" and the "offline sync date time" into the database. I will need to double check.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Stefane,
I'm currently using RDM Enterprise Edition 11.0.16.0 with an MS SQL Server Database. I use the german GUI, but I don't think this is the issue. Unfortunately I see "Log Date" and "End date/Time", "Active Time" and "Duration", but the Log Date and the End Date is the sync time. The active time tells me how long the session was, but not WHEN it was. The Duration is a mistery...

Clock3 yrs

@Michael, You are 100% correct, nothing is working. We will need to fix this. We are back in the office on Monday and we will get done ASAP.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I have it fixed locally but most perform more testing to make sure it works in all scenarios and session types. We should have it all resolved early next week.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks, I#m looking forward to test it.

Clock3 yrs

It is how resolved and will be available in the next release.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Another Problem existed, that the Session Comments were lost from Offline Mode.
Have you fixed this too?

Christoph

Clock3 yrs

@Christoph - no I did not, I will look into it

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

crischke wrote:

Another Problem existed, that the Session Comments were lost from Offline Mode.
Have you fixed this too?

Christoph

Fixed, will be in the next beta release.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

@crischke

Session comments when offline are now saved after online sync. The fixed is in the latest beta build:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download#beta

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs