Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Suppress "open previous sessions" when updating

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

If you open RDM and an update is available, you get the window about the new version. But you also get the window about reopening previous sessions. If you choose not to reopen previous sessions because you're going to update, that history of opened sessions is cleared.

It would be nice if it would wait for the user to answer the update window. If the user chooses to update, RETAIN the history for the next time the program is launched. If the user choose NOT to update, display the history window as normal.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
This is definitely a bug. I have entered it in our system.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

This is now fixed in the current beta. However you will need to update to get the fix.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

This is went away for one build. But the last two builds I've installed, including 9.2.4.0, the issue has returned.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce your issue.

For the user Interface what is your setting ? Default (Ribbon), Default Menu, Classic
Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit version ?
Are you always installing on the same workstation ?
If not, from which version are you updating ?

Best regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

32bit version on Win 8.1. Default layout other than the left side nav is floating. If I open the app, and there is an update available, I get presented with both the dialog box to open previously opened sessions AND the new version update dialog box. If I choose to update, the dialog box for previously opened sessions closes, and after the upgrade, I do not get presented with it again. This is really irritating to the point where I don't ever want to upgrade, as I often have dozens of sessions open, and only close the app when the desktop is rebooted.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
What RDM version do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Currently at 10.1.11.0 - it does this for every version upgrade.

Clock4 yrs

Ok,
I will assign this to Hubert.

Sorry about that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

This is an issue with how the program is closed. If you close it using the X button or the tray icon for example, it won't retain the previously opened sessions. If you wait until the update is finished and accept the prompt to close at that time, then everything should work fine.
We'll introduce a fix that will make it work no matter how you close the application provided you don't have any session open after updating. I hope this will fix your issue.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs