Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Proxy Configuration for RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, i am evaluating RDM and often use to be behind a proxy server. i just wanted to try dropbox as datastore but theres no possibility to use it despite i use a direct internet connection. Also auto update and licensing seems to use direct connection. Would be really nice to have a configuration field for a proxy server.Thanks Jan

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Do you have the latest version? We added an auto proxy configuration, we load the proxy configured in IE. Do you have it configured? Can you try to open the add-on manager for example and see if you get an error? For Dropbox, I'm not sure it will work, but I can verify if there is something I can do. Let me know please.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes, its the actual version. But i got to add an information. It seems, that RDM finds the system proxy. But it it not able to handle the reuired proxy authentication. It would be nice if you can use proxy authentication and maybe disable proxy use. Thanks Jan

Clock8 yrs

If I disable the auto detect proxy, it will works for you?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

If it starts correctly without using proxy (couldn't find where to disable update-check) it would be ok.
nicest way would a proxy configuration dialog with multiple options:
use system proxy; user specific proxy; don't use proxy
and the ability to enter username/password if the proxy requests it.
Ok, thats a feature request i guess. No proxy autodetect would be great for me.
Thanks
Jan

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I verified and the option to disable the proxy is already here in the Advanced tab page of the application option:

"Disable Http proxy detect"

Can you try it?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi David,
I am having exact the same problem. Disabling auto-detect proxy doesn't fix it.
Addon-Manager shows no entrys.
Just upgraded to 6.5.0.0 to see if it works no - but to no avail.
best regards for your fantastic software!

RDM 10.5.2.0 Enterprise
RDMS 2.2.7.0

Clock8 yrs

Hi Steve,
I will add a manual proxy configuration for the next release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
The next small release next week will have more proxy settings.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi David,

great new feature!
But I have to complain: the port value is limited from 1-100 and our Proxy waits on Port 3128.
I know from other proxies that they have a default of 8080.

Is this a fault or on purpose?

RDM 10.5.2.0 Enterprise
RDMS 2.2.7.0

Clock8 yrs

Sorry about that. We have only tested proxy port under 100 and it's only a UI limitation. I will upload a fixed version as soon as I got back to the office.

In the meantime you can edit the remotedesktopmanager.cfg file directly. MAke sure that RDM is closed before

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
It's now uploaded. I suggest that you unzip it because something the installer does not update the file when it's the same version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs