Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

A Few Features - KeePass / Telnet

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Feature number one, since KeePass can be integrated, lets auto-start when you start RDM. Feature number two, while I like Putty, my Telnet/SSH of choice is SecureCRT. Maybe we should be able to specify "other" and fill in a command line / attributes field. Or maybe just make SecureCRT a selection from the drop down menu in options as a default.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
What do you mean by autostart? For SecureCRT, there is an add-on for that, have you tried it?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

When I say Auto-start, I mean to have RDM start KeePass since I do not start KeePass when I start windows. I only start it when I need it.
Second, I realize and enjoy the SecureCRT plugin. However; In Options | Session Type | Default Application | only Putty and PLink are available choices. Not a biggie I guess, just a suggestion.
It is ok if these are not the best of ideas. It is only a suggestion. I still love the product and purchased the Enterprise Edition to show my support.
<em>edited by TomTinsley on 5/10/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

Don't worry, I added your request, I just wanted to be sure that I understand what you mean.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

I like the open KeePass when needed, works 99% perfect. Only thing is if you password protect KeePass the progress/timer bar you added covers the KeePass password dialog. Once you move it out of the way everything works as needed. One other thing you may not have planned for. The user who opens RDM, starts a session, the "Starting KeePass" dialog and KeePass password dialog opens, but the user decides to close RDM (for whatever reason) also the "Starting KeePass" Progress/Timer will keep counting down even if you close the RDM application. Maybe you can move the progress to the status bar of your application?
<em>edited by TomTinsley on 5/18/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
We are aware of those problem, we used our default progress just to be able to squeeze the feature. We want also to allow the user to cancel which is not possible for now.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

You are the man.

Clock8 yrs