Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Thinprint in RemoteDesktopManager

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
We have just bought your great product but there is one this i would like for you to implement if possible.
We are using a product called ThinPrint for Remote Printing and unfortunetly it is not working in remote desktop Sessions from RemoteDekstopManager
Can you please implement the following in you next version and i can deploy the software to our employees
TmpS := Misc.GetRegistryLocalMachineKeyValueString('Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Default\AddIns\ThinPrint','Name');
if TmpS <> '' then
MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.PluginDlls := TmpS;

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
It's interesting, so it does not work in embedded mode, but in external it works, so there is nothing to do?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi dhervieux,
It works fine in external.
I created a long time ago my own Remote Desktop Manager and i needed to add the plugins manually so they would work.
the code included is from that source.
I think it would be a nice feature to enumerate all Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Default\AddIns\ and attach or even allow to select what plugins you would like to use with a session.
That way if i would create or use a third party plugin users could use that easily.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Thank you, this is exactly what I have in mind. This feature should be added pretty soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Thank you, i will be waiting and if you need someone to test i will be more than happy to do so.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Is there an ETA for this feature ?

Clock8 yrs

With some luck, I will be able to squeeze it for the next minor update.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I seen in the new version that you have enabled
Load plugins in embedded mode
unfortunatly this option is not working.
Pluggins are not loading.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
We did some test but we don't have ThinPrint, can you send us an email, we will try to do some test with you?
<em>edited by dhervieux on 6/15/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Sorry to dig this up, but I have a very similar need.

I need to get ScrewDrivers working in an embedded session.

http://www.tricerat.com

There should be a 30day trial for both the server and the client.

Clock6 yrs

This should work out of the box with a 32-bit install?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

In this particular case I have Win7 64bit, which requires the 64bit install of this plugin. The 32bit plugin will install but does not work.

Clock6 yrs

That's the problem. RDM is a 32 bit application for backward compatibility. You could try this workaround:

http://chrizyuen.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/usage-for-corflags-exe/

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Let me ask from a different perspective.

Can you take the current Screwdrivers 32bit Client and somehow incorporate it into RDM so that they are available? Their current install hasn't changed in over a year and I don't expect to anytime soon based on my conversation with their engineers.

Clock6 yrs

I can't install it in RDM because RDM is only a wrapper around the MS ActiveX

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

So how do you 'call' a 32bit MSTSC.EXE when on my 64bit system I only have the 64bit version. I would think it would use whatever I have installed. Or is it something you've embedded in RDM?

Clock6 yrs

It's the embedded ActiveX from Microsoft. For mstsc, RDM calls the 64 bit version. So in external mode it should not be a problem

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs