Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Filtering credentials repository

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi
We are currently evaluating the Remote Desktop Manager. So far, it seems very useful.
I found one thing, that doesn't seem to be implemented, though.
We have a lot of customers that we access by RDP and for most customers we use more than one login since we must simulate different setups. I have been able to create different credentials and they are grouped in the same fashion as the customer sessions. However, when I change a session to log in using "Credential repository", the users get a list of all existing credentials. I have tried to connect credentials and sessions to unique security groups, but that has no effect.
Would it be (or is it) possible to connect each session to a predefined list of credentials - and to not list the ones that are irrelevant. If we go live with your product we will probably have 40 or 50 different credentials and it will be very time consuming to find one of the 2 or 3 that are relevant for the session.
EDIT: I think the best solution would be to be able to point to a specific Credentials group that should be listed when prompting.

Also, while testing this, I always choose "cancel" when the list of credentials are displayed. Nevertheless the session logs in. Cancel should mean cancel all the way, right?
/Jonas
<em>edited by jonasbe on 4/7/2011</em>

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I added your request to our todo list, I think that we should include a subset of credential. For the cancel, I'm not sure, it cancel the Credential selection and not the connection. I think that the best solution should be two button, connect with default credential and Cancel that cancel the connection, what do you think?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Sounds great.
In my mind Cancel should always cancel the whole process, no matter what you are currently doing, so the two-button solution sounds ok.
/Jonas

Clock8 yrs

I noticed that this feature was not included in the latest release. Do you think that it will be added in the next one?

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Don't worry, it on our short term list. This release was more a Remote Desktop Manager Online release. We launched our new online web site with many new features and we had to update the client also. This is why the enhancement list is so short. We only included some work that were already implemented and not released.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi
I did not see any changes in the 6.5 version. Have you scheduled this feature?

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Unfortunately it was not in this release but it still on our todo list.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Hi
I found out that this request has been implemented now. However, it is impossible to create new groups under the Credentials node. If I right-click credentials and select the option to create a new group, the group will always end up as a group under Sessions. So there is no way for me to use this functionality.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
You can type the group name directly in the credential entry. For example: MyGroup\Personal

This will create 2 nodes: MyGroup and Personal

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs