Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Duplicating Sessions

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I would like to see if there can be a way to take a folder of sessions and duplicate the entire folder and give all sessions within that folder a new session ID. What we are doing is trying to repackage a set of sessions for use in connecting to devices in a similar training solution with new IP address information. We would still need to open those sessions on the same system as the sessions these were copied from. I know how to do it for one session at a time, but being able to duplicate the entire folder would be so much easier.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I think that you could try to create a template group by selecting the group items and use the ribbon item Save As Template. Just select Add from Template and pick the template group you've just created. It will include the sub folder but it's easy to drag and drop the sessions if you don't the groups.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I don't think that will work. I tried it, but it did not add anything to my existing sessions. I'm guessing it is simply overwriting the folder I already have which is the problem we're trying to avoid. We need all of the sessions to have a new session ID. Otherwise, this would be the same as exporting and then importing the same item. What has happened in the past is that we have taken a group and exported it. Then we had another user import and do some batch edits to hostnames. Then they export it and the original user imports which overwrites all of their existing sessions for the original set of sessions. We have to be able to open both simultaneously to manage each training solution's connections. I know this may be a unique need, but it would save a lot of time if it were possible to do this.

Clock5 yrs

It appears I jumped the gun on my reply. It appears to be working at the moment. I'll let you know if it is behaving like we had hoped. :-)

Clock5 yrs