Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

MS RDP bad screen rendering

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi All

It happens very often to have bad screen rendering in MS RDP sessions (i.e. attached screenshot)
Connections to the same server using the RDM Windows version doesn't present any issue.

Any idea?

Thanks and regards
Andrea

Screenshot 2014-01-22 19.21.35.png
Clock6 yrs

Hi,

There are a few rendering issues with our embedded connections.

There are a few options from the configuration window that might help your situation:
From the Display Tab:
You can uncheck the smart sizing
From the experience Tab:
You can uncheck the Bitmap caching or the font smoothing

I hope this helps

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hello and thanks for your very fast reply.

I changed display and experience options as you can see in attached screenshot but still poor results.
I tried then configuring the session to use the "External" option in Display intead "Embedded" (MS RD client if I understand correctly) and there's no rendering problem.

Thanks
Andrea

Screenshot 2014-01-22 21.47.14.png
Screenshot 2014-01-22 21.47.22.png
Screenshot 2014-01-22 21.47.33.png
Clock6 yrs

Hi,

I know we still have issue with this and let me refer you to this forum thread http://forum.devolutions.net/topic8503-rdm-screen-redraw-issue.aspx?Page=1.

If that doesn't help, can you post some information details of your connection like what kind of server are connecting to, what kind of bandwidth do you have, is there any VPN ou service broker in use.

Thanks for your feedback

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Ok, I check the other post, but didn't fix it.

So, these are my details:
OS X version 10.9.1
Remote servers all MS Windows from 2003 to 2012R2 (various x86 and x64), no RD gateway present

I tried using:
- gigabit LAN on site connection
- RDP published directly on Internet public IP, no VPN accessing using several Internet connections from 20 Mb to 100 Mb
- ADSL 8 and 4 Mb line with and without VPN
- 3G mobile connection

Rendering was always flawing.

Thanks for your support
Andrea

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

Thank you for your time we will try to fix this issue as soon as possible

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

I am trying to reproduce the issue on my side. Can you tell me which *very* specific version of Windows Server 2003 are you using in that screenshot? By very specific, I mean I want to know 32-bit versus 64-bit, 2003 versus 2003 R2, and the service pack. Also, 2003 is special for supporting 24bpp but not 32bpp, with 24bpp being disabled by default by group policy. 24bpp is uncommon except for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP, so we might be hitting a bug there. Did you configure your servers to allow 24bpp? If it's not a rendering bug, it might be a bug with the color depth negotiation, where the final color depth would not be properly propagated with the rendering library, causing the weird artifacts.

Clock6 yrs