Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Inheritable Permissions

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Inheritable Permissions
Basically what im looking at here is the ability to set permissions on a group so that for instance you have a section folder structure.
Top Folder
Remote Computers
Sub Folder
Remote Computers
Now if I setup security groups so that our network admins have full visibility (ie they can see the remote computers in the top folder and sub folder. Then setup another group for a divisional admin so they can only see the remote computers in the sub folder.
What I want to be able to do is say right, any new computers added into the top folder will retain the permission levels from the top folder (rather than defaulting to no security permissions).
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks
Mike

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
It make sense and we have many request for that. We really want do it for a future version, it's only a matter of time. It's more complex than what it might seems but this is a must for our product.
<em>edited by dhervieux on 3/23/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

David,

Thanks for the update, i will be patient and wait for this one to arrive then.

Thank you

Clock8 yrs

Any news on inheritable permissions? We currently run vRD and are looking into moving to RDM but not having inheritable permissions is a killer.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
This is planned for the version 8.0. However I might do a small release in between with that included. I'm currently testing some possible implementation.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs