Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Description when clicking on a server

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I have switched from Royal TS to RDM. There is one feature that I would like to see implemented that was in Royal TS. In the client setup, there is a "Description" field. If there is text in this field, it shows up at the top of the screen. When I imported my Royal TS file into RDM, this text did get imported into the description box on the More tab. I would really like to be able to see this desctiption as I click (but not actually open) on each server. Maybe it could go to the right of the manual connect button in the menu bar. If nothing else, maybe an option that would display this information in a tooltop when hovering over the server name.

Thanks,
David

cap1.gif
Clock8 yrs

Hi,
This description appear at the bottom of the dashboard, I don't understand why you don't see it?
<em>edited by dhervieux on 3/19/2011</em>

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Description.png
Clock8 yrs

Hey David,
I do see that, but only when I'm on the Dashboard tab. If I'm working on another server (session), I would have to click back to the dashboard tab before I am able to see that description. I would like the ability to just click on another session and see it's description. The reason this is helpful for me, is that we have a naming standard for our servers. For web servers, it's something like ntlwebpd01. We have many web servers, so I use the description field to know which sites are running on that particular web server. If I don't remember which server is running a site that I need to work on, I like to be able to just click on the session name and quickly see the description, until I find what i'm looking for.

Thanks,
David

Clock8 yrs

Hi David,
If you click on a session which is not open, it select the dashboard by default. If it does not, there is an option for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs