Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - SDK

Session Management

David,
I am not sure if this is possible in the current SDK. But I am trying to write a windows service that will manage the session list in RDM. We have a global server database we use as our central repository. Instead of manually importing (only new items) daily, I would like to have the ability to manage those sessions automatically on a scheduled basis. Here is what I have done so far.

I couldn't figure out a way to manage them in the SDK so I created a workaround. I manage those sessions on the fly by updating the back end SQL database and creating/deleting records in your Connections table. Its works great, my issue is that if I edit any of those sessions from RDM, RDM will duplicate the session. I assume I am missing a critical step. Can you help?

BTW, if I can get this working, I plan on buying this solution for my entire server team. We manage close to 1k servers in our business unit.

My sample XML in the connections table.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Connection>
<Cmd />
<ConnectionType>RDPConfigured</ConnectionType>
<CreatedBy>YingYang</CreatedBy>
<CreationDateTime>2011-03-18T09:03:22.303333-05:00</CreationDateTime>
<Events />
<Group>AppName</Group>
<GroupTab />
<ID>e11ba7be-f15d-4259-9a29-c3d5c845151e</ID>
<MetaInformation />
<Name>MyServer</Name>
<OpenEmbedded>true</OpenEmbedded>
<RDP />
<Stamp>c997622f-f931-4134-b367-5b59b797f542</Stamp>
<Url>MyServer</Url>
</Connection>

I assume it has something to do with the stamp or id field. I use new guid to create those values.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
You got it, you use a new Guid and this is the problem. Try to reuse the Guid as your primary key and this should work fine. You must keep the ID in the XML and the ID in the database in Sync.

By the way, there is nothing in the SDK to help you with that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Awesome, will try. Also By any chance do you have a list of the fields that go into the XML? I want to populate as much data as possible from our global db.

Clock8 yrs

Nice information

Clock6 yrs