Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

OpenVPN Session problem with OpenVN 2.0.9

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
I have installed OpenVPN 2.0.9 and I can use my .ovpn file outside of RDM, but when I configure (manually, not importing) the OpenVpn session in RDM, I always receive following error:

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in myfile.ovpn:2: <connection> (2.0.9)
Use --help for more information.

Any Idea ?

thanks in advance
regards
Davide
<em>edited by dadep on 3/16/2011</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
This add-on was not created by me and the guy that did it is no longer responding to my email. I will try to help you the best I could. Can you post a printscreen of the message ? Also, when you use it externally, what command line do you use?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

The error is

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in client.ovpn:2: <connection> (2.0.9)

the external command is:
openvpn --disable-occ --config client.ovpn

where client.ovpn is:

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2481 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is ip address of vpn server)
ca ca.crt
cert client-cert.crt"
key client-key.key"
ns-cert-type server
comp-lzo
verb 3
<em>edited by dadep on 3/23/2011</em>

Clock9 yrs

Can you send me an export of you VPN session configured. You can remove all your server information in it?

What is the option disable-occ? I can't find it. Does it work in command line without this option?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

--disable-occ Don't output a warning message if option inconsistencies are detected between peers.

attached my RDM OpenVpn session

This is the RDM session file

client
<connection>
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2481 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = ip address)
proto udp
</connection>
dev tun
proto udp
ns-cert-type server
comp-lzo
ca ca.crt
cert client.crt
key client.key
<em>edited by dadep on 3/24/2011</em>

RDM_Ovpn.jpg
Clock9 yrs

Hello,
I have the same problem,
I show you my information for details the problem.
I use my open .ovpn file
#OpenVPN Server conf
tls-client
client
dev tun
proto tcp
tun-mtu 1400
nobind
remote*********.fr 1194
pkcs12 *********.p12
cipher AES-256-CBC
verb 3
ns-cert-type server

This is the error log message :
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in mandrake51.fr.ovpn:2: <connection> (2.0.9)

Have you got an idee for this error ?
thinks

Capture3.jpg
Capture2.jpg
Capture1.PNG
Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Can you try this add-on revision?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

OpenVPNAddOn.zip
Clock9 yrs

With the new addon I've got following errors.

InvalidOperationException - There was an error generating the XML document.

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o)
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNConfiguration.ToXml()
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNEditor.SaveFromControls()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.VPN.FreAddOnVPNSettings.SaveFromControls(VPNConnection vpnConnection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionSettings.FreVPNConnectionSettings.SaveConnectionFromControls(Connection connection, ConnectionType connectionType, String connectionSubType)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmConnection.SaveConnectionFromControls(Connection connection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmConnection.butOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------

InvalidCastException - Unable to cast object of type 'RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNConfiguration' to type 'RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNConfiguration'.

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterOpenVPNConfiguration.Write4_OpenVPNConfiguration(Object o)

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
If you create a new VPN entry, do you get the error ? Does it happen only when you edit. I will do some test on my side.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I reproduced the problem and it's happening when you have two OpenVPNAddOn dll installed. Delete the one in your application installation folder and replace the one in %LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager with the new version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I've done, but now it seems doesn't works the SAVE button in the Add Host window of the new Addon, instead, the CANCEL button is working.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I fixed the problem. Can you try this version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

OpenVPNAddOn[1].zip
Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Is not working, but I have found the problem.
The RDM addon write the <connection> and </connection> raws, that are not correctly interpreted by openvpn engine. If you want to try, create the openvpn configuration inside RDM and run the created config file directly from openvpn and you get the error message.
If you modify the config file removing <connection> and </connection>, it works.

client
<connection>
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2481 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = ip address)
proto udp
</connection>
dev tun
proto udp
ns-cert-type server
comp-lzo
ca ca.crt
cert client.crt
key client.key

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I found what you were talking about and I don't know why it was coded this way. I made the change, can you try this version?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

OpenVPNAddOn[1][2].zip
Clock9 yrs

Hi,
now it's working. Thank you for your job.

Davide

Clock9 yrs

Thank you, I will release it officially.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs