Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Graceful switch to offline mode

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I sometimes see where I'm connected to some sessions using an online data source. If the Internet connection becomes unavailable, or even access to the online data source becomes unavailable, the experience is quite ugly - even if the sessions are to LOCAL resources. The app seems to stop responding for a few seconds before throwing a fairly scary error on the screeen (sorry, don't have the text at the moment).

What I would suggest is just switch to offline mode automatically, and maybe change the data source pulldown menu to red to draw attention to it. But otherwise don't throw something up on the screen. Thoughts?

Clock8 yrs

Whoops - just realized this might be better suited in the online feature request area. Sorry!

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
I don't understand, it's supposed to show you a simple message, except if you have the debug mode set to naything other than 0. After that, it's written Offline in the tree view. Can you send me the message, I will verify. For the application hang, it's hard for me to do something, it's the network access that lock the system.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Debug is set to 0. I'll capture it the next time it happens.

Clock8 yrs

Okay - here it is:
Enterprise Edition 6.0.0.0
WebException - The remote name could not be resolved: 'online.remotedesktopmanager.com'
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.RDMOProxy.RDMServices.KeepAlive()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMOConnectionDataSource.timerKeepAlive_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Thank you, this log help me more than what it might seems.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs