Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

HTML Control IDs fallback to Name attributes

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I've been using the Web Browser session type and many web login forms don't include id attributes for the user/pass/button input fields. It would be nice if the HTML Control ID variables of the Auto login feature also worked for form input name attributes as a fallback. This way, if input elements for a login form don't have id attributes defined, the fields could be referenced by their name attributes instead. Then Auto login would still work for these forms.

Thanks,
KTB

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
This is already the case, do you have a problem or you were just wondering?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Oh, I was trying it using embedded Firefox and it doesn't work for me. I just tried using embedded IE (local version is IE9) and it works if I manually set the HTML Control ID variables to the values of the name attributes of the form in question. However, it seems the "Discover" function doesn't work in either embedded Firefox or IE when the id attributes of the inputs are not defined.

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
interesting, I will take a look to see the problem. The discoverm it's possible, it's not easy to detect if there is many field. Can you send me the html source of the page to my support email. I will try to simulate and see if there is a solution.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Sure. I'm sending you one example of the two login pages I have trouble with. The other login page has a strict legal notice on it that I'll respect.

Clock8 yrs

I've tried using different versions of XULRunner. Two of them work and two of them throw errors when using Auto login:

1.9.1.11 - error
1.9.1.16 - works
1.9.1.17 - works
1.9.2.14 - error

Using XULRunner 1.9.2.14:

Enterprise Edition 6.0.0.0

InvalidCastException - Unable to cast COM object of type'System.__ComObject' to interface type'Skybound.Gecko.nsIDOMNSElement'. This operation failed because theQueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID'{F0AEF489-18C5-4DE6-99D5-58B3758B098C}' failed due to the followingerror: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002(E_NOINTERFACE)).

at Skybound.Gecko.GeckoElement..ctor(nsIDOMHTMLElement element)
at Skybound.Gecko.GeckoElement.Create(nsIDOMHTMLElement element)
at Skybound.Gecko.GeckoDocument.GetElementById(String id)
atDevolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedFirefoxBrowserPage.SetElementValue(GeckoDocumentgeckoDocument, String controlId, String value)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedFirefoxBrowserPage.FillAutoLogin()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreWebBrowserToolBar.butAutoFillLogin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

----------------------------------------------------------

Using XULRunner 1.9.1.11:

Enterprise Edition 6.0.0.0

InvalidCastException - Unable to cast COM object of type'System.__ComObject' to interface type'Skybound.Gecko.nsIDOMNSElement'. This operation failed because theQueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID'{F0AEF489-18C5-4DE6-99D5-58B3758B098C}' failed due to the followingerror: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002(E_NOINTERFACE)).

at Skybound.Gecko.GeckoElement..ctor(nsIDOMHTMLElement element)
at Skybound.Gecko.GeckoElement.Create(nsIDOMHTMLElement element)
at Skybound.Gecko.GeckoDocument.GetElementById(String id)
atDevolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedFirefoxBrowserPage.SetElementValue(GeckoDocumentgeckoDocument, String controlId, String value)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreEmbeddedFirefoxBrowserPage.FillAutoLogin()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.Embedded.FreWebBrowserToolBar.butAutoFillLogin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Thank for the report. We are aware that XulRunner is very difficult to work with. This thread will help many people. I receive your web page and I will look at it soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs