Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Screen refresh with RDM 8.x

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
with latest 8.x releases I have a bad screen refresh with embedded RDP sessons.To get the screen clean I have to change tab or go to the pc desktop and then return to rdm.
My pc is Win XP Pro SP3.

Someone has the same problem?

Thanks
Davide

Clock8 yrs

Could you post a print screen? What OS do you use and are you in Terminal or in a virtual machine?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

In the attached screenshot, for example, I have clicked on CONFIGURE button, and the relative window doesn't appear (picture #1) until I move to other rdm tab or minimize and maximize rdm window (picture #2).

In the example the remote server is a vmware virtual machine with windows 2008R2 64bit.

Thanks
Davide
I
<em>edited by dadep on 11/20/2012</em>

screenshot.pdf
Clock8 yrs

Does this happen when you are not connected to a virtual machine?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Yes, this happen even if I connect to a physical server (see attachments). I must to switch to another tab (or dashboard) and come back to my working tab; the refresh icon not solve the issue.

before_refresh.jpg
after_refresh.jpg
Clock8 yrs

Could you try to set the Use Old UI in the Advanced tab of the application options. This way we will see if it's related to the UI framework or the RDP

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

I'm on a Windows XP SP3 box running 8.0.4.0 and I'm not seeing the specific issues reported by dadep...

Clock8 yrs

With older UI RDM works fine. Here you can see two short videos, one with old ui and another with the new ui.

old ui https://www.box.com/shared/144yfbnezhrpa9vvv38k
new ui https://www.box.com/shared/6lc92xtc84rtbkways5d

Clock8 yrs

Thank you. I will try to contact the third party to see if they have an update.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

I have fully unistalled and reinstalled RDM and now it seems to be working fine with new UI.

Davide

Clock8 yrs

Just an illusion !

Clock8 yrs

Solved reinstalling both .NET 3.5 and RDM

Clock8 yrs

Seriously! Thank you for letting me know

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs