Feature request forum for Remote Desktop Manager
10/12/2009
DavidSzp
DavidSzp
If I have credentials saved for an RDP connection, it logs me in when I connect. But if the session locks (my servers all timeout after 10-15 minutes and lock), I have to type my password to unlock (or cheat and close/reopen the connection :-)

Is there a way to resend the credentials and unlock an existing open, locked RDP session? I know LogMeIn sessions have the option to log in/unlock a session using the credentials you logged in with, but they obviously have the LogMeIn client software installed. Not sure if it's even possible with RDP.
0 link
10/12/2009
David Hervieux
David Hervieux
Devolutions staff
Hi,
As far as I know it's now possible, but I will keep an eye on it, if I see something, I will add this.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

--
David Hervieux

0 link
3/17/2010
trunboit
trunboit
dhervieux wrote:
Hi,
As far as I know it's now possible, but I will keep an eye on it, if I see something, I will add this.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

Hi,
I'm very interested by this feature, any news?
Many thanks.
0 link
3/17/2010
sbonilla
sbonilla
You can always just close the connection and reopen it.
0 link
3/17/2010
David Hervieux
David Hervieux
Devolutions staff
Hi guys,
It's not perfect, but at least I could add a reconnect command.

--
David Hervieux

0 link
3/17/2010
DavidSzp
DavidSzp
Hey that sounds good enough for me...I find myself closing and reopening connections all the time actually, also with LogMeIn connections if I reboot, the webpage says "disconnected" but I have to close the tab and reopen again later. If LogMeIn could have a "reconnect" that would essentially reload the URL again like a fresh tab, and RDP have a reconnect option (on the tab's context menu perhaps?) that would be great! A keyboard shortcut would be nice too...
0 link
3/18/2010
trunboit
trunboit
dhervieux wrote:
Hi guys,
It's not perfect, but at least I could add a reconnect command.

Sounds good for me too!

Thanks
0 link
3/18/2010
DavidSzp
DavidSzp
In addition to a Reconnect on the context menu for the tab, could you make double-clicking the tab reconnect? At least for LogMeIn, not sure if it would be as useful for RDP--it may be. Just a thought.
0 link
3/18/2010
David Hervieux
David Hervieux
Devolutions staff
Hi,
I can do it on a double click, but I will have to ask a confirmation.

--
David Hervieux

0 link
3/18/2010
DavidSzp
DavidSzp
As long as the default answer is "yes" so I can just hit Enter to reconnect after the double-click, I'm OK with that :-) Thanks!
0 link
5/12/2010
trunboit
trunboit
Hi David,

Hope all is well there. I'm so excited to have this feature in the next version!!!

Many thanks,

dhervieux wrote:
Hi,
I can do it on a double click, but I will have to ask a confirmation.
0 link